Canon PIXMA MG5150 Driver

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
Murkh

Canon PIXMA MG5150 Driver

#1 Post by Murkh »

Hi
Greetings

Please some one help me install Canon PIXMA MG5150 Inkjet Printer/Scanner in Lupu5.25 Puppy Linux.

I have downloaded the Driver Files from Canon Web Site. These are TAR files. I do not know how to install the driver from TAR files.

A suitable Pet file will allow me to install the drivers.

A step by step instruction will be highly appreciated.

I am just a beginner as far as Linux is concerned.

rcrsn51

#2 Post by rcrsn51 »

I have posted a printer driver PET for your MG5150 here. This package has never been tested, so please report back.

For Canon scanner drivers, read here. If you need more help, please post a message in that thread.

Murkh

#3 Post by Murkh »

Hi
Thanks for reply. I am absolute beginner. Please let me have STEP BY STEP procedure to include and/or install the Pet File for PIXMA MG5150 Printer/Scanner.

I did not find the PET file for the Scanner! Does the Pet File includes Scanner as well.

Thanking you once Again.

Murkh

rcrsn51

#4 Post by rcrsn51 »

Murkh wrote:Please let me have STEP BY STEP procedure to include and/or install the Pet File for PIXMA MG5150 Printer/Scanner.
Did you find the file named "canon_mg5100-3.40.pet" in the link I provided above? All you need to do is click on it and follow the instructions. Have you also run the CUPS printer setup wizard?
I did not find the PET file for the Scanner! Does the Pet File includes Scanner as well.
Did you read the second link I gave you? Your easiest choice is #1 - install the pixma-backend-qrky-1.0.21.pet.

rcrsn51

#5 Post by rcrsn51 »

@Murkh: If you want to get your printer working, you need to answer my questions. I have a scanner driver ready for your MG-5150, but there is no point in posting it until you reply.