Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat 20 Sep 2014, 20:14
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Eye Candy
Conky With Lua
Page 6 of 6 [86 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
killapup

PostPosted: Thu 27 Mar 2014, 09:10    Post subject:  

Hey solo,

sorry to be a bit slow getting back to this thread but I've got python 2.7.2 and 3.2.3 installed and there is a folder called imlib2 in my usr/lib folder so my button should be working??

Having said that, there is no usr/bin/python that I can see, there are a couple of python-related files in there though.

Also, when I try 'conkyclock start' in terminal, I get 'bash: conkyclock: command not found' Could that mean that something didn't install properly?? Maybe I should try uninstalling the clock and reinstall it, who knows, it might work!!

So. I don't know what is going on with the button but everything else is working ok. Thanks anyway, I'll keep looking, there must be some explanation, I guess,

Ray

Fluxpup, CentOS and now blackPantherOS too. Slacko's back Wink
solo

PostPosted: Thu 27 Mar 2014, 11:50    Post subject:  

This is just a hunch, but right underneath the conkyclock widget file listed on the archive.org Saluki PET repository, there's this file called conky_DEV-2.3.3.4-i486.pet.
There's a slim chance that you're issues would be solved if you install this PET.

It doesn't hurt to try anyway.
killapup

PostPosted: Fri 28 Mar 2014, 09:52    Post subject:  

solo wrote:
This is just a hunch, but right underneath the conkyclock widget file listed on the archive.org Saluki PET repository, there's this file called conky_DEV-2.3.3.4-i486.pet.
There's a slim chance that you're issues would be solved if you install this PET.

Thanks solo, I'll give that a try soon, I can't say that I remember doing that with the other installs but, like you say, it can't hurt, cheers,

Ray

killapup

PostPosted: Fri 28 Mar 2014, 09:54    Post subject:
Subject description: Oops,sorry for the double post.

solo wrote:

Thanks solo, I'll give that a try soon, I can't say that I remember doing that with the other installs but, like you say, it can't hurt, cheers,

Ray

Sorry for the double post, but can I get rid of it? Do I just delete the contents of it to delete? Or does that just give us a blank post?? I've never done that before Embarassed

killapup

PostPosted: Sat 29 Mar 2014, 04:27    Post subject:
Subject description: Tried suggestion...

G'day again solo,

I tried installing that conky dev you suggested but it didn't make any difference. I also tried delaying the startup for the conky window, just in case it was interfering with the clock widget start up, but again, no difference. Anyway, I'll keep looking and experimenting.

Cheers all, Ray

solo

PostPosted: Sat 29 Mar 2014, 08:24    Post subject:  

Okay, I've downloaded the conkyclock widget pet from the Saluki repository, and installed it.
Using Pfind, I determined that a folder has been created called ~/.config/conky/clockwidget.
In there I've found a images folder, a themes folder, and 7 files. I also noticed an executable script called conkyclock in the ~/Startup folder.
Now, one of those 7 files in ~/.config/conky/clockwidget is called README. So I've opened it, and it tells me I should make one of the files called conkyclock executable (though, as far as I can tell, it already is), and then move that file to the ~/bin folder. So I did.
It also tells me to make the btnclockwdgt file executable, but this file already appears to be that way also.
So now I go to the Terminal and type conkyclock start, and ....it works.

Okay, so to summarize:
I have a folder called ~/.config/conky/clockwidget
Inside are 2 folders, images and themes
Inside the images folder are two files, bckgnd_plain.png and bckgnd.png
Inside the themes folder is a folder called clockwgt
Inside the clockwgt folder are three files, base.png, clicked.png and mouseover.png
There are 7 files inside the ~/.config/conky/clockwidget folder
They are called btnclockwdgt, clockswitch, conkyclock, conkyclock.lua, conkyclockwdgtrc, preview.jpg and README
I have copied the conkyclock file to the ~/bin folder
There is a file called conkyclock in the ~/Startup folder

What I am realizing now, is that there is a lua script in there. The last config I tried this on did not have the lua library installed and it didn't work. But this configuration has.
So it might be a good idea to go to the Puppy Package Manager and type in lua, and then in the results, pick and install the liblua5.1-0_5.1.4 package.

Good luck!
killapup

PostPosted: Sun 30 Mar 2014, 00:20    Post subject:
Subject description: Tried and still no luck.

Hey thanks again solo, for your suggestions,

I've just tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but to no avail, and I've checked all the files you listed, they are all there in the places that they should be. I must admit that I have never, in all the other installs, copied the conkyclock file to the ~/bin folder and they all work fine. (but did you mean the ~/bin or /bin?? I have no ~/bin folder??) I did copy it to /bin but it didn't make any difference Crying or Very sad

As you had found, I also found that all the relevant files are already executable, so no need to chmod there.

I already had installed the liblua5.1-0_5.1.4, so that shouldn't be the problem, but who knows. Everything seems to be in place.

Is there something that Precise handles slightly differently to the other Puppies?? The trouble is that I don't know what I'm looking for, I just guess and look to see what might be applicable to the situation, and of course I use Google to find stuff.

Anyway, I guess we'll find a solution somewhere, I'll keep looking, thanks again, Wink

Ray

PS solo, you mentioned in an earlier response about /usr/bin/python, is that significant? As I have Python installed and it hasn't created a file there, do I need to do something about that?? Thanks again.

killapup

PostPosted: Sun 30 Mar 2014, 02:57    Post subject: Missing button...
Subject description: Solved!!

G'day again, solo, and anyone else who has been following my conky clock button saga.

I've managed to stumble on the solution... Very Happy

First of all, I had installed Python3_3.2.3 and thought that, surely, the higher (newer??) version would cover all python needs. Apparently not Sad

Also, I had installed a python 2.7.2 thinking that it was the right one but having had another look, it is actually python-tk 2.7.2 which is apparently different. Anyway, I went looking and found python-2.7.2-i486, installed that, restarted X and, voila, there's my button Embarassed

I feel a bit silly but, as I said, I often don't know what to look for and so I just stumble along. Anyway, thanks to solo and others for their patience, God bless, Very Happy

Ray

killapup

PostPosted: Sun 30 Mar 2014, 02:59    Post subject: Missing button...
Subject description: Solved!!

G'day again, solo, and anyone else who has been following my conky clock button saga.

I've managed to stumble on the solution... Very Happy

First of all, I had installed Python3_3.2.3 and thought that, surely, the higher (newer??) version would cover all python needs. Apparently not Sad

Also, I had installed a python 2.7.2 thinking that it was the right one but having had another look, it is actually python-tk 2.7.2 which is apparently different. Anyway, I went looking and found python-2.7.2-i486, installed that, restarted X and, voila, there's my button Embarassed

I feel a bit silly but, as I said, I often don't know what to look for and so I just stumble along. Anyway, thanks to solo and others for their patience, God bless, Very Happy

Ray

Sorry again for the double post, Sad my seamonkey isn't reloading the page properly when I click 'submit' and so I don't know whether it has sent the post or not Mad it hangs for a long time. Anyway, that might be another issue???

solo

PostPosted: Sun 30 Mar 2014, 05:26    Post subject:  

Good to see you've got it running killapup.

I'd be miffed by that one as well.
killapup

PostPosted: Sun 30 Mar 2014, 20:39    Post subject:  

Yup, cheers solo
Page 6 of 6 [86 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Eye Candy
Jump to: