Conky on Slacko 6.3.2 missing lib file (solved)

Themes, icons, wallpapers, etc.
killapup

Conky on Slacko 6.3.2 missing lib file (solved)

#1 Post by killapup »

G'day all,

it's been a while since I was on this forum but I've run into a problem. I had Slacko 6.3.0 installed and running nicely, until I did some updating using the Updates Manager-latest from Slackware. Since then I haven't been able to boot to the desktop :(

That being said, I thought it was time to update to 6.3.2 so I installed it and it is fine except that I can't run conky. It says that the libtoluapp.so file is missing and I can't seem to find it.

I installed the tolua++ package, which I believe, has the file in it but, no!! Can anyone help? Thanks,

Ray
Last edited by killapup on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 12:07, edited 1 time in total.
Slacko 6.3.2 on
Asus X54C 4Gb RAM
Also VectorLinux64 plus many others :D

killapup

#2 Post by killapup »

Anyone???

In case you're not sure what I'm wanting... I'm looking for somewhere I can download that file. I've tried searching for any variation; tolua++; libtolua++; .deb file and many others but it seems no-one has it :(

Can anyone point me to the file or some other solution so that I can run my conky, thanks.

Ray
Slacko 6.3.2 on
Asus X54C 4Gb RAM

Gobbi

#3 Post by Gobbi »

Semme

#4 Post by Semme »

There shouldn't be a problem if you grabbed it from the Salix repo.

You grabbed a 14.2 Slack pkg which 6.3.2 doesn't fully support, and the reason for that *extended* dependency.

I'd say lose the build you installed and let PPM handle the rest.

Maybe next time mention where you got the pkg from..
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

Semme

#5 Post by Semme »

Then again, having seen Conky in both of Slacko's 14.2 repos, and it's the 64b build you're running, load the devx and 32bit-lib pkgs, then confirm the shortcoming exists.
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

killapup

#6 Post by killapup »

Thanks heaps Semme, I didn't realise there were two different packages (in PPM), I've uninstalled the one I had installed and installed the Salix one at your suggestion and it works fine, thanks again!
Slacko 6.3.2 on
Asus X54C 4Gb RAM