Thank you - it's brilliant

Promote Puppy !
JASH

Thank you - it's brilliant

#1 Post by JASH »

Hi there,

I'm new here but a Linux user for around 7 years. I run Pinguy on my main home quad since I don't have a tablet computer to run Ubuntu Unity on.

At work I have a P4 XP machine that is very locked down; no internet other than the corporate site and its affiliated net-based software. But there are times when doing research I need to do some searches. It is a pain the backside that I cannot be trusted to use the net.

So I thought I'd give Puppy a go. Works brilliantly on the low power and configured desktop I have at work. USB boot works fantastically.

One of the features of Puppy that I ***love*** is the instructions and comments included in configuration windows that pop up. It gives confidence to either exit or proceed with a change. If only other distros would adopt the same......

Keep up the great work. I will follow with (great) interest.

Regards JASH

cthisbear

#2 Post by cthisbear »

JASH :

Welcome to Puppy mate.

What version are you running by the way...5.28???

Chris.

smssms

Thanks!

#3 Post by smssms »

Just like to add my thanks too - Puppy is great!

I got a new netbook* with Ubuntu Natty installed and it was all good; but, the update to Oneric Ocelot just killed my computer! It could barely run.
So, I moved onto Lubuntu, it was ok but quite slow.
Next I tried Debian 6 which was still quite slow.

I'm now running Puppy on a live USB and it is amazing! It is the OS I have been looking for all along, just took a bit of finding.

Now looking at installing to the hard drive so I don't have to keep the USB stick around...

*Toshiba NB250-108