Problem converting gtkdialog3 script to gtkdialog4 (Solved)

For discussions about programming, programming questions/advice, and projects that don't really have anything to do with Puppy.
thunor
Location: Minas Tirith, in the Pelennor Fields fighting the Easterlings

#16 Post by thunor »

Argolance wrote:...
So, this time all ran as well as possible! :D. No error.
Yeah, no "icon-press" nor "icon-release" error messages, but I haven't done anything other than display some debugging information. The errors don't appear because you've compiled it on your computer against GTK+ 2.14.7.

You said earlier "I am running Toutou/Puppy 4.31, GTK+ version 2[.14.7] and a self compiled gtkdialog 0.8.1 from svn repository.", but we have just demonstrated that those error messages do not originate from Gtkdialog compiled on your computer.

If you see those error messages again then it's because you are executing a gtkdialog binary that was built against GTK+ >= 2.16.0 i.e. a prebuilt binary from a package, not your self compiled binary.

You should locate the gtkdialog binary on your computer that is causing those error messages and replace it with a fresh copy that you have compiled.

Regards,
Thunor

Argolance

#17 Post by Argolance »

Hello thunor,
You should locate the gtkdialog binary on your computer that is causing those error messages and replace it with a fresh copy that you have compiled.
It is what I did. Tried my own script converted as gtkdialog4 (renamed new original to gtkdialog4 and moved it to /usr/sbin/ instead of the 'old' one), replaced <visible> tags with <sensitive> inside my script and didn't get any errors messages. 8)

Thanks for your kind patience and attention.
Cordialement.