Steps for enhancing security I can take in Puppy 5.2?

For discussions about security.
Lobster
Official Crustacean

#31 Post by Lobster »

should we be concerned
We should be interested.
Where I live there are crazy people, people with guns, gangs and a police station big enough to house the KGB.

Not everyone is out to get me.

Same with security. Just because Flash is a universal browser programming language or javascript or HTML5. does not mean having to use a Tor browser and wear garlic around my neck for vampires.

Vampires may exist but chances are not worth the cost in silver bullets.

I value the input of black, gray and white hat security experts and even the hat less.
I will also run as root. I will use a major browser and I will be safe.

Thanks guys
Be safe. Feel secure
Use Puppy
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

nooby

#32 Post by nooby »

Clam thanks for all the know how in that post.
Sadly I am not on the level needed to implement
that know how. I wild guess that I get most of
what you say but not being savvy enough to set it up
in practice. One need to have a talent for to be organized.
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

str4y

#33 Post by str4y »

DPUP5520 wrote:str4y It matters not to me whether people test anything I put out or not, I do it for myself and share with others if they want to try it. Encryption doesn't really do anything for you at all anymore when it comes to most service providers due to methods that have come out to detect bit-torrent traffic even while encrypted plus it doesn't hide your IP address from the swarm.
I don't care what you don't care about-- I was simply trying to warn innocent people off your contributions because you aren't making any sense. What you just responded with doesnt fit with what I was responding to initially:

"There is a way to easily encrypt and hide torrent transmissions"

MAYBE YOU LEFT OUT A "no" IN THERE? Makes for a super confusing forum experience. Did you read my post fully? I mean, ok, i type 70wpm so I type more than most folks, but I'm just putting out thoughts completely for a more comprehensible reading experience. Sorrrrrryy!

Pay attention-- you just responded with a defensive tone that ~"gosh, it's impossible to be sneaky with bittorrent" when I just said the same freaking thing in the post you were responding to. And I still dont understand your original statement that set me off-- that disabling encryption on your distro is to "divert illegal intention"?? Quite nonsensical. We should all be pushing for strong encryption for all our communications, even when all the contents are legal (as in my case). Why would you argue against this?