Posted: Thu 17 Nov 2011, 00:56 Post subject:
Internet connection with ZTE AC2726i CDMA EVDO Subject description: 3G USB CDMA modem
Because I saw 2 reviews saying it is difficult to make an internet connection with a wireless broadband modem , I thought maybe this can be useful .
I just booted a Puppy 5.2.5 from a CD , and connected to the internet through a ZTE AC2726i CDMA EVDO Rev.A , without using any command line (which I don't know how to use) :
1) Clicked in "connect" icon ;
2) Clicked in "Internet by dialup analog or wireless modem" ;
3) At the "PupDial modem Internet dialer" , "Test/Select" , clicked in "CHOOSE" ;
4) At the "PupDial modem selection" , clicked "PROBE" ;
5) Returned to the "PupDial modem Internet dialer" to fill up the (data provided by the Internet provider) :
a) Phone/Access number
Left other places blanc (discovered that APN is required only for GSM wireless connection) ;
6) Clicked in "CONNECT" , and that is it . Sometimes it fails to connect , so try it again .
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum