Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 23 Apr 2014, 03:30
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Saluki
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 9 of 250 [3740 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, ..., 248, 249, 250 Next
Author Message
sc0ttman


Joined: 16 Sep 2009
Posts: 2368
Location: UK

PostPosted: Thu 01 Dec 2011, 09:42    Post subject:  

Iguleder wrote:
(with PNG optimization, XML whitespace trimming, re-compression of archives, etc').

Could we see that this stuff is also used in Woof? or Woof2?

_________________
Akita Linux, VLC-GTK, Pup Search, Pup File Search
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Iguleder


Joined: 11 Aug 2009
Posts: 1776
Location: Israel, somewhere in the beautiful desert

PostPosted: Thu 01 Dec 2011, 09:50    Post subject:  

It will never become a part of Woof. But I always optimize my puplets before I upload them, using the same tool.
_________________
My homepage
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger 
ICQ Number 
sc0ttman


Joined: 16 Sep 2009
Posts: 2368
Location: UK

PostPosted: Thu 01 Dec 2011, 10:08    Post subject:  

Iguleder wrote:
It will never become a part of Woof. But I always optimize my puplets before I upload them, using the same tool.

Techno sent me a small shell script that does all that stripping, I ran it on an SFS to test - it borked UPX'd binaries and broke some XML files (like PuppyPin, for one) but in general it worked great after a few mods.... Could something like that not be put into Woof, before it creates the SFS?

_________________
Akita Linux, VLC-GTK, Pup Search, Pup File Search
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
jemimah


Joined: 26 Aug 2009
Posts: 4309
Location: Tampa, FL

PostPosted: Thu 01 Dec 2011, 11:55    Post subject:  

technosaurus wrote:
Disciple previously posted Gconf-dbus (a fork with less deps ... no CORBA/ORBIT or whatever) which only needed dbus-glib AFAIR, but the dev pet was missing a couple things. Anyhow I was recently able to compile a couple Gconf-apps against it (planner project manager being the primary) ... it just needed a *.pc file.

I was just revisiting the minimum requirements to get to a desktop, but I am still using xvesa, but I know Jemimah's pupplets used xvfb quite well and wasn't sure what extra changes would be needed to get it going (vga=? modprobe ? ...)

Anyhow with xvesa, the minimum for jwm (aside from fonts...) is to mount sys & proc ... Terminals needed to have dev+devpts also and export SHELL=/bin/sh DISPLAY=:0
This can get us to the desktop in ~1second and have the "boot" process running in a terminal. My current work is loosely based on goingnuts' pupngo, but could be adapted to a new kernel (i think 3.2 is the next LTS version)


I did use disciple's packages in fluppy but near the end a couple of programs complained that gconf was tool old. I believe dbus-gconf is unmaintained.

I did play around with fbdev and uvesafb. The real difficulty is guessing the right resolution. I can send you the code I have if you are interested.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
jemimah


Joined: 26 Aug 2009
Posts: 4309
Location: Tampa, FL

PostPosted: Thu 01 Dec 2011, 11:58    Post subject:  

Sage wrote:
Jemimah:
Will you be collating all these .pets into the/a repo or will they be incorporated into the next release?
But, thanks, anyway.


You get get them here: http://www.smokey01.com/jemimah/saluki/pets/

Most of the ones I'm building at the moment will go into the main ISO I think. The release schedule, and what goes into the next release is up to Tman though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
jemimah


Joined: 26 Aug 2009
Posts: 4309
Location: Tampa, FL

PostPosted: Thu 01 Dec 2011, 12:01    Post subject:  

Iguleder wrote:
Take a look at this - one of the biggest repositories of its kind Very Happy

All packages were built and stripped automatically (with PNG optimization, XML whitespace trimming, re-compression of archives, etc').


What distro did you compile these on?

Do you have an updated dir2pet that optimizes more (without breaking things)?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
jemimah


Joined: 26 Aug 2009
Posts: 4309
Location: Tampa, FL

PostPosted: Thu 01 Dec 2011, 12:02    Post subject:  

peebee wrote:
Just downloaded and tried the alpha...

Welcome back jemimah....

I think I was expecting k3.0.7 as it is "based on racy5.2.2" - k2.6.39 does however work with my b43 wifi which no k3 puppy does properly (although racy is the nearest).

Hope that jemimah's Frisbee makes it into the mix - works fine with wary/racy by loading 2 pets:
Code:
xpupsay-1.2.1-i486
Frisbee_beta-2-spup


Cheers
peebee


I will release a new version of Frisbee soon probably.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
ttuuxxx


Joined: 05 May 2007
Posts: 10730
Location: Ontario Canada,Sydney Australia

PostPosted: Thu 01 Dec 2011, 12:43    Post subject:  

jemimah wrote:
ttuuxxx wrote:
jemimah wrote:
ttuuxxx wrote:
Here's a smaller version of lxtask manager
ttuuxxx


I'm including full size icons on purpose. I need them for the control panel and for desktop icons and any other time one might want icons for their apps larger than 16x16.

what size icons? 24x24 or 48x48, do you want them in usr/share/pixmaps or /usr/local/lib/X11/mini-icons and /usr/local/lib/X11/pixmaps
ttuuxxx


48x48, in /usr/share/pixmaps. Also be careful about system linking to existing icons in case the user uses the pet removal tool - we have to be careful about breakage.
Here's the thing the default icons in /usr/local/lib/X11/mini-icons that Barry includes around 50% of them are redundant, They were from puppy one series and weren't even gtk naming, A few were used by puppy apps, but most are just there for the using, in 2.14X I used the full 24x24 gtk2 icons and naming convention and system link to the older series one names, that way I had way better looking icons and gtk2 apps pickup on the gtk2 icons, so menus in mozilla based browsers and other apps had icons to use in the menus or gui's if they used gtk2 icons. Also I changed them jwm menu to 24x24 icons because 16x16 they were was just ugly as sin. If you want me to sort the mime icons and default puppy ones in /usr/local/lib/X11/mini-icons just say so, about half of the default mimes in puppy releases are the ones I either build from scratch or updated for Barry, So I know my way around them. Smile
ttuuxxx

_________________
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games Smile

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
Iguleder


Joined: 11 Aug 2009
Posts: 1776
Location: Israel, somewhere in the beautiful desert

PostPosted: Thu 01 Dec 2011, 12:47    Post subject:  

Code:
#!/bin/sh

# strippkg: strips a binary package

# the usage message
USAGE="Usage: strippkg [DIRECTORY|FILE]"

# check the number of command-line arguments
case $# in
   1)
      ;;
   *)
      echo $USAGE
      exit 1
      ;;
esac

# make sure the package directory exists
if [ ! -d "$1" ] && [ ! -f "$1" ]
then
   echo $USAGE
   exit 1
fi

# strip the package
for file in $(find "$1" -type f)
do
   case "$(file -bi $file)" in
      "application/x-tar"*)
         basename "$file"
         tar_dir="$(mktemp -d)"         
         tar -xvf "$file" -C $tar_dir
         "$0" $tar_dir
         base_dir="$(pwd)"
         cd $tar_dir
         tar -c * > $file
         cd "$base_dir"
         ;;                  
      "application/xml"*)
         # we don't touch XUL stuff - they're all signed
         case "$i" in
            *.xul)
               continue
               ;;
         esac
         basename "$file"
         xml_file="$(mktemp -u)"         
         xmllint --noblanks "$file" > $xml_file
         if [ 0 -eq $? ]
         then
            mv -f $xml_file "$file"
         else
            rm -f $xml_file
         fi
         ;;
      *"application/x-gzip"*)
         basename "$file"
         gzip_file="$(mktemp -u)"
         zcat "$file" > $gzip_file
         "$0" $gzip_file
         cat $gzip_file | gzip --best > "$file"
         advdef -z4 "$file"
         rm -f $gzip_file
         ;;      
      *"application/x-bzip2"*)
         basename "$file"
         bzip2_file="$(mktemp -u)"
         bzcat "$file" > $bzip2_file
         "$0" $bzip2_file
         cat $bzip2_file | bzip2 --best > "$file"
         rm -f $bzip2_file
         ;;      
      *"application/x-xz"*)
         basename "$file"
         xz_file="$(mktemp -u)"         
         xzcat "$file" > $xz_file
         "$0" $xz_file
         cat $xz_file | xz --best > "$file"
         rm -f $xz_file
         ;;      
      "application/x-sharedlib"*|"application/x-executable"*)
         basename "$file"
         strip --strip-all "$file"
         ;;
      "application/x-object"*)
         case  "$file" in
            *.o)   
               continue
               ;;
         esac
         basename "$file"
         strip --strip-unneeded "$file"
         ;;
      "application/x-zip"*|"application/zip"*)
         # signed, just like XUL
         case "$file" in
            *.xpi)
               continue
               ;;
         esac
         file_path=$(realpath "$file")
         file_name=$(basename "$file")
         echo $file_name
         zip_dir="$(mktemp -d)"
         base_dir="$(pwd)"
         
         cd $zip_dir
         unzip "$file_path"
         "$0" $zip_dir
         zip -9 -r "$file_name" *
         advzip -z4 "$file_name"
         
         mv -f "$file_name" "$file_path"
         cd "$base_dir"
         rm -rf $zip_dir               
         ;;
      "video/x-mng"/*)
         basename "$file"
         advmng -z4 "$file"
         ;;
      "image/png"*|"image/gif"*|"image/bmp"*|"image/x-portable-pixmap"*|"image/tiff"*)
         basename "$file"
         optipng -o7 "$file"
         advpng -z4 "$file"
         ;;      
   esac   
done


Make sure you have xmllint, AdvanceCOMP and OptiPNG first. I made a patched OptiPNG package that always runs with nice level -20 (e.g highest), so it's significantly faster.

OptiPNG takes ages on big PNG images and advdef really sucks with huge archives.

_________________
My homepage
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger 
ICQ Number 
ttuuxxx


Joined: 05 May 2007
Posts: 10730
Location: Ontario Canada,Sydney Australia

PostPosted: Thu 01 Dec 2011, 12:51    Post subject:  

jemimah wrote:
http://www.smokey01.com/jemimah/saluki/pets/streamtuner-0.99.99-i486.pet


Its a shame that your streamtuner package doesn't contain Shoutcast and Live365 I did spend about 5hrs trying to get Shoutcast working with new urls, patches etc without any luck, grrrr what a shame that streamtuner hasn't been forked yet, Streamtuner 2 has Shoutcast and Live365 support plus a few new ones, but who wants python, I'm sure it could be done with C & xml.
only http://code.google.com/p/rhythmbox-shoutcast/
and http://streamtuner2.sourceforge.net/
now handle those 2 extra servers,
Streamtuner 2 handles,
SHOUTcast
Xiph.org
live365
DMOZ/Google stations
Jamendo (just a browser, better API use coming..)
basic.ch DJ mixes
Punkcast
MyOggRadio (open source stream directory project)
InternetRadio.org.uk
MusicGoal
would be nice to see a few of those as streamtuner 1 plugins Smile
ttuuxxx

_________________
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games Smile


Last edited by ttuuxxx on Thu 01 Dec 2011, 12:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
Sage

Joined: 04 Oct 2005
Posts: 4767
Location: GB

PostPosted: Thu 01 Dec 2011, 12:53    Post subject:  

Quote:
here

Ta!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
jemimah


Joined: 26 Aug 2009
Posts: 4309
Location: Tampa, FL

PostPosted: Thu 01 Dec 2011, 13:13    Post subject:  

ttuuxxx wrote:
jemimah wrote:
http://www.smokey01.com/jemimah/saluki/pets/streamtuner-0.99.99-i486.pet


Its a shame that your streamtuner package doesn't contain Shoutcast and Live365 I did spend about 5hrs trying to get Shoutcast working with new urls, patches etc without any luck, grrrr what a shame that streamtuner hasn't been forked yet, Streamtuner 2 has Shoutcast and Live365 support plus a few new ones, but who wants python, I'm sure it could be done with C & xml.
only http://code.google.com/p/rhythmbox-shoutcast/
and http://streamtuner2.sourceforge.net/
now handle those 2 extra servers,
Streamtuner 2 handles,
SHOUTcast
Xiph.org
live365
DMOZ/Google stations
Jamendo (just a browser, better API use coming..)
basic.ch DJ mixes
Punkcast
MyOggRadio (open source stream directory project)
InternetRadio.org.uk
MusicGoal
would be nice to see a few of those as streamtuner 1 plugins Smile
ttuuxxx


My understanding is they switched to some kind of ajaxy format that's a real hassle to deal with in C. Xiph is better than nothing though. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
jemimah


Joined: 26 Aug 2009
Posts: 4309
Location: Tampa, FL

PostPosted: Thu 01 Dec 2011, 13:14    Post subject:  

ttuuxxx wrote:
jemimah wrote:
ttuuxxx wrote:
jemimah wrote:
ttuuxxx wrote:
Here's a smaller version of lxtask manager
ttuuxxx


I'm including full size icons on purpose. I need them for the control panel and for desktop icons and any other time one might want icons for their apps larger than 16x16.

what size icons? 24x24 or 48x48, do you want them in usr/share/pixmaps or /usr/local/lib/X11/mini-icons and /usr/local/lib/X11/pixmaps
ttuuxxx


48x48, in /usr/share/pixmaps. Also be careful about system linking to existing icons in case the user uses the pet removal tool - we have to be careful about breakage.
Here's the thing the default icons in /usr/local/lib/X11/mini-icons that Barry includes around 50% of them are redundant, They were from puppy one series and weren't even gtk naming, A few were used by puppy apps, but most are just there for the using, in 2.14X I used the full 24x24 gtk2 icons and naming convention and system link to the older series one names, that way I had way better looking icons and gtk2 apps pickup on the gtk2 icons, so menus in mozilla based browsers and other apps had icons to use in the menus or gui's if they used gtk2 icons. Also I changed them jwm menu to 24x24 icons because 16x16 they were was just ugly as sin. If you want me to sort the mime icons and default puppy ones in /usr/local/lib/X11/mini-icons just say so, about half of the default mimes in puppy releases are the ones I either build from scratch or updated for Barry, So I know my way around them. Smile
ttuuxxx


Yes, please go for it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
ttuuxxx


Joined: 05 May 2007
Posts: 10730
Location: Ontario Canada,Sydney Australia

PostPosted: Thu 01 Dec 2011, 15:13    Post subject:  

Here's the latest gtkhash plus a few rox system links Smile
ttuuxxx
gtkhash-0.5.0-i386.pet
Description 
pet

 Download 
Filename  gtkhash-0.5.0-i386.pet 
Filesize  25.8 KB 
Downloaded  92 Time(s) 

_________________
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games Smile


Last edited by ttuuxxx on Fri 02 Dec 2011, 19:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
rcrsn51


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 8562
Location: Stratford, Ontario

PostPosted: Thu 01 Dec 2011, 17:01    Post subject:  

Assuming that Saluki will be built using the stable CUPS 1.3.11 printing chain from Wary/Racy, this is an opportunity to clean up the set of backends in /usr/lib/cups/backend.

1. Beh serves no purpose and can be deleted.

2. Both smb and smbc can be replaced by the new smbw from here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 9 of 250 [3740 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, ..., 248, 249, 250 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.1291s ][ Queries: 12 (0.0247s) ][ GZIP on ]