Saluki

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
Volhout

Saluki 13 from USB stick

#1531 Post by Volhout »

Downloaded iso and use universal installer (choose Puppy Racy) to make bootable USB stick.

Booted my eeePC 1001HA with Saluki, and tested the iso, everything far works (midori, xnoise, played with configs). GOOD WORK, and a pleasant surprise !! Even WIFI (RT3090 that causes problems often), and many eeePC hotkeys.

Tomorrow night I will try a frugal HD install, and try some PET's.

Good work Jemimah !!

pemasu

#1532 Post by pemasu »

jemimah, check this:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 746#609746

and my reply in next post.

shevan

request

#1533 Post by shevan »

Docear - The Academic Literature Suite
http://www.docear.org/

I use Linux binaries from oficial download page with Java 1.6 sfs
It would be nice to see pet package :)

jemimah

#1534 Post by jemimah »

pemasu wrote:jemimah, check this:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 746#609746

and my reply in next post.
Yes this module doesn't load automatically for me. However it' doesn't load when I replug the mouse receiver, either.

I get this when i plug it in:

Code: Select all

[ 3791.231895] input: Logitech USB Receiver as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.0/usb2/2-1/2-1.1/2-1.1:1.0/input/input23
[ 3791.232159] generic-usb 0003:046D:C52F.0007: input: USB HID v1.11 Mouse [Logitech USB Receiver] on usb-0000:00:1d.0-1.1/input0
Weird. But I also have a logitech wireless keyboard/mouse combo plugged in to add to the confusion.

jemimah

#1535 Post by jemimah »

smokey01 wrote:jim3630 the problem is solved.

As you said back here:http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 591#609591
# cryptkeeper
encfs: /usr/lib/libfuse.so.2: version `FUSE_2.8' not found (required by encfs)
libfuse.so.2 is symlinked to libfuse.so.2.7.4 when it should have been symlinked to libfuse.so.2.8.5

Note that FUSE_2.8 was not found. It was referring to FUSE_2.7 an earlier version.

Delete /usr/lib/libfuse.so.2 then create a new symlink called /usr/lib/libfuse.so.2 referencing /usr/lib/libfuse.so.2.8.5

It should work as it is here now.

Cheers
Where did this come from? It's not like the on my system.

Jim1911

#1536 Post by Jim1911 »

jemimah wrote:
Jim1911 wrote: Software Requests for PPM:
1. Your Frisbee network software
2. Bibletime Bible study software for linux. Size probably will require sfs. Also see Bibletime here.
3. Xiphos Bible study software for linux. Size probably will require sfs.

Thanks,
Jim
I'm so confused. Frisbee was already installed. Maybe installing it again broke it...
Possibly, I had a bad download, I'll try again and report back. Since pemasu determined that the proper drivers are loaded, Frisbee should be detecting the available wifi connections.

Concerning my request for Bibletime. pemasu has prepared it for Exprimo which I installed on Saluki 013. It is missing a few dependencies as shown by executing bibletime in a terminal. It probably will work fine when those are added.

# bibletime
bibletime: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by bibletime)
bibletime: /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libsword-1.6.2.so)
bibletime: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by /usr/lib/libsword-1.6.2.so)
# 
Thanks,
Jim

jemimah

#1537 Post by jemimah »

Lobster wrote:downloaded this pdf suggested by disciple
but pdf's are not opened by a default package (and there are several that can read them abiword, pdf-cube and the default viewer)
http://open-advice.org/
They are for me. What did you do differently? If you double click them, evince should open.

jemimah

#1538 Post by jemimah »

Jim1911 wrote:
jemimah wrote:
Jim1911 wrote: Software Requests for PPM:
1. Your Frisbee network software
2. Bibletime Bible study software for linux. Size probably will require sfs. Also see Bibletime here.
3. Xiphos Bible study software for linux. Size probably will require sfs.

Thanks,
Jim
I'm so confused. Frisbee was already installed. Maybe installing it again broke it...
Possibly, I had a bad download, I'll try again and report back. Since pemasu determined that the proper drivers are loaded, Frisbee should be detecting the available wifi connections.

Concerning my request for Bibletime. pemasu has prepared it for Exprimo which I installed on Saluki 013. It is missing a few dependencies as shown by executing bibletime in a terminal. It probably will work fine when those are added.

# bibletime
bibletime: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by bibletime)
bibletime: /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libsword-1.6.2.so)
bibletime: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by /usr/lib/libsword-1.6.2.so)
# 
Thanks,
Jim
I've added bibletime to the repo.

pemasu

#1539 Post by pemasu »

Yeah. Usb-generic and logitech special hid module does not cross each other. It might be still unsolved mystery.
But...I have now recompiled the kernel and created 5.X.3.2.9.2 Dpup Exprimo to test.

jemimah

#1540 Post by jemimah »

smokey01 wrote:I can't get Cryptkeeper to work either.

I downloaded through PPM so I assume I have the updated one.

New folder name not in use.

Tried in root and /mnt/home on Ext3 partition.

See screeny.
I tried the same and didn't get the error. Anything interesting about your filenames? I tried ones with spaces and it was ok.

scabz

#1541 Post by scabz »

BHINTZ wrote:Has anyone compiled an nvidia driver the new kernel for saluki. Resume doesn't work without it.

666philb was kind enough to provide a driver pet for the previous version

Thanks for any assistance. I really liked the earlier version and should not have simply upgraded to this one.

bob
--Edited sorry for typo
Its not hard to install

1) download devx http://smokey01.com/saluki/isos/devx_luki_013.sfs

2) download kernel sources http://www.smokey01.com/pemasu/Saluki/k ... .8-ski.sfs

3) download nvidia driver http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux-disp ... river.html and place in /mnt/home

4) use sfs load to load the devx and kernel sources.

"you will need to write this part down unless you can remember it"
5) go to shutdown but click on exit to prompt

6) type without quotes "cd /mnt/home" then hit enter

7)type without quotes "sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-295.20.run" then hit enter

8)when it is done compiling you will be left with a black screen and a blinking line type "xorgwizard" hit enter

9)go to choose and pick nvidia nvidia

10) set up your screen res when when all is done you will be left with a black screen and a blinking line type "xwin" and you are done
Last edited by scabz on Tue 06 Mar 2012, 04:56, edited 1 time in total.

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#1542 Post by Lobster »

They are for me. What did you do differently?
tried opening from rox :oops:
thunar works 8)

now trying to open an .ncd file
this is created by the notetaker in series 5 puppys
Anyone know which program this needs? Is it available in Saluki?
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

jemimah

Re: DLNA,DAAP,RTSP,MPD

#1543 Post by jemimah »

kimathi wrote:jemimah wrote

New pets: 
minidlna 
forked-daapd 
mpd 
gmpc 
Great :D minidlna, mpd and gmpc, all work as expected. However, for some reason, mpd does not read the configuration file from /etc , i had to fiddle around then finally realised that in this version you need to create a folder in root /root/.mpd and place your mpd.conf therein for it to work. Perhaph's it was a compile option you could have let it stay in defalt directory, :roll: for newbies to find it easily without fiddling.

Forked-daapd does start well but then :( it wont work coz it lacks avahi and mDNS (libnss-mdns_0.10-3.1_i386.deb), there is an avahi pet somewhere in the forum cant remeber where i got it that i use. for now let me continue to whack my brains to get it up, i will communicate, :) of course you could also compile them :twisted:

If all fails there is mt-daap old and unmaintaned but works with old i devices, does not require the above dependencies.
I've compiled avahi and mdns. Please let me know if it works.

Also I uploaded a new mpd. Let me know if it's fixed.

Jim1911

#1544 Post by Jim1911 »

I tried a new download of 013. Frisbee is present, although not installed. Executing in a terminal results in file not present.
Attachments
pfind.jpg
(16.58 KiB) Downloaded 813 times

jemimah

#1545 Post by jemimah »

Jim1911 wrote:I tried a new download of 013. Frisbee is present, although not installed. Executing in a terminal results in file not present.
You need to use the applet in the tray to setup frisbee.

Jim1911

#1546 Post by Jim1911 »

jemima wrote:I've added bibletime to the repo.
My, that was quick, thank you for supporting Bibletime with Saluki. However, it will not work yet because of missing dependencies. I updated PPM and then installed it using PPM. Installation was fine but it showed the missing dependencies and it will not execute using a terminal because of that.

Jim
Attachments
image-1.jpg
(42.7 KiB) Downloaded 717 times

jemimah

#1547 Post by jemimah »

Jim1911 wrote:
jemima wrote:I've added bibletime to the repo.
My, that was quick, thank you for supporting Bibletime with Saluki. However, it will not work yet because of missing dependencies. I updated PPM and then installed it using PPM. Installation was fine but it showed the missing dependencies and it will not execute using a terminal because of that.

Jim
I've reuploaded the clucene pet. Please download the new one and try again.

Jim1911

#1548 Post by Jim1911 »

jemimah wrote:
Jim1911 wrote:I tried a new download of 013. Frisbee is present, although not installed. Executing in a terminal results in file not present.
After setup, Frisbee executes but does not recognize any wifi connections.

jemimah

#1549 Post by jemimah »

Jim1911 wrote:
jemimah wrote:
After setup, Frisbee executes but does not recognize any wifi connections.
So it sees that you have wireless card but returns no scan results? If you go to Wireless Diagnostics and Generate the Diagnostic Data, it might say something useful.

smokey01

#1550 Post by smokey01 »

jemimah wrote:
smokey01 wrote:jim3630 the problem is solved.

As you said back here:http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 591#609591

It's probably because of some other software that I had installed.
# cryptkeeper
encfs: /usr/lib/libfuse.so.2: version `FUSE_2.8' not found (required by encfs)
libfuse.so.2 is symlinked to libfuse.so.2.7.4 when it should have been symlinked to libfuse.so.2.8.5

Note that FUSE_2.8 was not found. It was referring to FUSE_2.7 an earlier version.

Delete /usr/lib/libfuse.so.2 then create a new symlink called /usr/lib/libfuse.so.2 referencing /usr/lib/libfuse.so.2.8.5

It should work as it is here now.

Cheers
Where did this come from? It's not like the on my system.
It's probably because of other software that I had installed.