Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun 26 Oct 2014, 01:17
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Saluki
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 104 of 250 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, ..., 248, 249, 250 Next
Author Message
Jim1911

Joined: 19 May 2008
Posts: 2457
Location: Texas, USA

PostPosted: Mon 05 Mar 2012, 13:56    Post_subject:  

jemima wrote:
I've added bibletime to the repo.
My, that was quick, thank you for supporting Bibletime with Saluki. However, it will not work yet because of missing dependencies. I updated PPM and then installed it using PPM. Installation was fine but it showed the missing dependencies and it will not execute using a terminal because of that.

Jim
image-1.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   42.7 KB
 Viewed   695 Time(s)

image-1.jpg

Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
jemimah


Joined: 26 Aug 2009
Posts: 4309
Location: Tampa, FL

PostPosted: Mon 05 Mar 2012, 14:06    Post_subject:  

Jim1911 wrote:
jemima wrote:
I've added bibletime to the repo.
My, that was quick, thank you for supporting Bibletime with Saluki. However, it will not work yet because of missing dependencies. I updated PPM and then installed it using PPM. Installation was fine but it showed the missing dependencies and it will not execute using a terminal because of that.

Jim


I've reuploaded the clucene pet. Please download the new one and try again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message Visit_website 
Jim1911

Joined: 19 May 2008
Posts: 2457
Location: Texas, USA

PostPosted: Mon 05 Mar 2012, 14:11    Post_subject:
Sub_title: Frisbee
 

jemimah wrote:
Jim1911 wrote:
I tried a new download of 013. Frisbee is present, although not installed. Executing in a terminal results in file not present.


You need to use the applet in the tray to setup frisbee.
After setup, Frisbee executes but does not recognize any wifi connections.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
jemimah


Joined: 26 Aug 2009
Posts: 4309
Location: Tampa, FL

PostPosted: Mon 05 Mar 2012, 14:39    Post_subject:
Sub_title: Frisbee
 

Jim1911 wrote:
jemimah wrote:
Jim1911 wrote:
I tried a new download of 013. Frisbee is present, although not installed. Executing in a terminal results in file not present.


You need to use the applet in the tray to setup frisbee.
After setup, Frisbee executes but does not recognize any wifi connections.


So it sees that you have wireless card but returns no scan results? If you go to Wireless Diagnostics and Generate the Diagnostic Data, it might say something useful.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message Visit_website 
smokey01


Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Posts: 1829
Location: South Australia

PostPosted: Mon 05 Mar 2012, 15:27    Post_subject:  

jemimah wrote:
smokey01 wrote:
jim3630 the problem is solved.

As you said back here:http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=609591#609591

It's probably because of some other software that I had installed.

Quote:
# cryptkeeper
encfs: /usr/lib/libfuse.so.2: version `FUSE_2.8' not found (required by encfs)


libfuse.so.2 is symlinked to libfuse.so.2.7.4 when it should have been symlinked to libfuse.so.2.8.5

Note that FUSE_2.8 was not found. It was referring to FUSE_2.7 an earlier version.

Delete /usr/lib/libfuse.so.2 then create a new symlink called /usr/lib/libfuse.so.2 referencing /usr/lib/libfuse.so.2.8.5

It should work as it is here now.

Cheers


Where did this come from? It's not like the on my system.


It's probably because of other software that I had installed.

_________________
Puppy Software <-> Distros <-> Puppy Linux Tips
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message Visit_website 
Jim1911

Joined: 19 May 2008
Posts: 2457
Location: Texas, USA

PostPosted: Mon 05 Mar 2012, 15:31    Post_subject:  

jemimah wrote:
Jim1911 wrote:
jemima wrote:
I've added bibletime to the repo.
My, that was quick, thank you for supporting Bibletime with Saluki. However, it will not work yet because of missing dependencies. I updated PPM and then installed it using PPM. Installation was fine but it showed the missing dependencies and it will not execute using a terminal because of that.

Jim


I've reuploaded the clucene pet. Please download the new one and try again.
Fresh frugal installation with updated repositories for PPM. Installation was successful, however it still reports missing dependencies. Also, running in a terminal gives this error:
Code:
# bibletime
(BibleTime 2.9.1) WARNING: Cannot find locale directory relative to “/usr/bin”
(BibleTime 2.9.1) FATAL: Error initializing directory cache!
Please report this bug! (http://www.bibletime.info/development_help.html)Aborted
#
missing_dep.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   33.01 KB
 Viewed   617 Time(s)

missing_dep.jpg

Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
smokey01


Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Posts: 1829
Location: South Australia

PostPosted: Mon 05 Mar 2012, 15:40    Post_subject:  

jemimah wrote:
smokey01 wrote:
I can't get Cryptkeeper to work either.

I downloaded through PPM so I assume I have the updated one.

New folder name not in use.

Tried in root and /mnt/home on Ext3 partition.

See screeny.


I tried the same and didn't get the error. Anything interesting about your filenames? I tried ones with spaces and it was ok.


I tested it with a significantly different adrive, one I created with your version three custom builder.

I suspect one of the package I added to adrive overwrote the libfuse.so.2 and symlinked it to an older version of libfuse.2.7.4. When I installed Cryptkeeper through the PPM I received a warning of files about to be overwritten. Maybe I should have selected Yes to overwrite existing files when installing Cryptkeeper. I chickened out and selected No.

_________________
Puppy Software <-> Distros <-> Puppy Linux Tips
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message Visit_website 
Jim1911

Joined: 19 May 2008
Posts: 2457
Location: Texas, USA

PostPosted: Mon 05 Mar 2012, 15:41    Post_subject:
Sub_title: Frisbee
 

jemimah wrote:
Jim1911 wrote:
jemimah wrote:
Jim1911 wrote:
I tried a new download of 013. Frisbee is present, although not installed. Executing in a terminal results in file not present.


You need to use the applet in the tray to setup frisbee.
After setup, Frisbee executes but does not recognize any wifi connections.


So it sees that you have wireless card but returns no scan results? If you go to Wireless Diagnostics and Generate the Diagnostic Data, it might say something useful.
Diagnostic Data attached.
pnetworkdiag-20120305.tar.gz
Description 
gz

 Download 
Filename  pnetworkdiag-20120305.tar.gz 
Filesize  40.35 KB 
Downloaded  74 Time(s) 
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
jemimah


Joined: 26 Aug 2009
Posts: 4309
Location: Tampa, FL

PostPosted: Mon 05 Mar 2012, 16:08    Post_subject:
Sub_title: Frisbee
 

Jim1911 wrote:
jemimah wrote:
Jim1911 wrote:
jemimah wrote:
Jim1911 wrote:
I tried a new download of 013. Frisbee is present, although not installed. Executing in a terminal results in file not present.


You need to use the applet in the tray to setup frisbee.
After setup, Frisbee executes but does not recognize any wifi connections.


So it sees that you have wireless card but returns no scan results? If you go to Wireless Diagnostics and Generate the Diagnostic Data, it might say something useful.
Diagnostic Data attached.



This is your error message.

Code:
ctrl_iface bind(PF_UNIX) failed: Address already in use
ctrl_iface exists and seems to be in use - cannot override it
Delete '/var/run/wpa_supplicant/wlan0' manually if it is not used anymore
Failed to initialize control interface '/var/run/wpa_supplicant'.
You may have another wpa_supplicant process already running or the file was
left by an unclean termination of wpa_supplicant in which case you will need
to manually remove this file before starting wpa_supplicant again.


Try deleting /var/run/wpa_supplicant/wlan0 or try the whole thing again with a fresh install.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message Visit_website 
jemimah


Joined: 26 Aug 2009
Posts: 4309
Location: Tampa, FL

PostPosted: Mon 05 Mar 2012, 16:23    Post_subject:  

Traffic on this thread is starting to get hard to keep up with. I think we're going to need our own forum soon. I'd rather stay focused on development than website administration.

Is there anyone here that can help me out by taking care of the details? I'd be willing to pay for hosting and such.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message Visit_website 
jemimah


Joined: 26 Aug 2009
Posts: 4309
Location: Tampa, FL

PostPosted: Mon 05 Mar 2012, 16:36    Post_subject:  

Jim1911 wrote:
jemimah wrote:
Jim1911 wrote:
jemima wrote:
I've added bibletime to the repo.
My, that was quick, thank you for supporting Bibletime with Saluki. However, it will not work yet because of missing dependencies. I updated PPM and then installed it using PPM. Installation was fine but it showed the missing dependencies and it will not execute using a terminal because of that.

Jim


I've reuploaded the clucene pet. Please download the new one and try again.
Fresh frugal installation with updated repositories for PPM. Installation was successful, however it still reports missing dependencies. Also, running in a terminal gives this error:
Code:
# bibletime
(BibleTime 2.9.1) WARNING: Cannot find locale directory relative to “/usr/bin”
(BibleTime 2.9.1) FATAL: Error initializing directory cache!
Please report this bug! (http://www.bibletime.info/development_help.html)Aborted
#


Found the problem. I uploaded a new bibletime pet. Hopefully it will work this time. Embarassed
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message Visit_website 
jim3630


Joined: 13 Feb 2011
Posts: 792
Location: Northern Nevada

PostPosted: Mon 05 Mar 2012, 16:47    Post_subject:  

smokey01 wrote:
jemimah wrote:
smokey01 wrote:
I can't get Cryptkeeper to work either.

I downloaded through PPM so I assume I have the updated one.

New folder name not in use.

Tried in root and /mnt/home on Ext3 partition.

See screeny.


I tried the same and didn't get the error. Anything interesting about your filenames? I tried ones with spaces and it was ok.


I tested it with a significantly different adrive, one I created with your version three custom builder.

I suspect one of the package I added to adrive overwrote the libfuse.so.2 and symlinked it to an older version of libfuse.2.7.4. When I installed Cryptkeeper through the PPM I received a warning of files about to be overwritten. Maybe I should have selected Yes to overwrite existing files when installing Cryptkeeper. I chickened out and selected No.


smokey01

yes noticed the symlink error that is why posted it but didn't know the fix.

pfix=ram installed cryptkeeper and first go tried making new crypto folder inside another folder and got error. then tried making new crypto folder inside partition and worked.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
Jim1911

Joined: 19 May 2008
Posts: 2457
Location: Texas, USA

PostPosted: Mon 05 Mar 2012, 16:50    Post_subject:
Sub_title: Frisbee
 

jemimah wrote:
Try deleting /var/run/wpa_supplicant/wlan0 or try the whole thing again with a fresh install.
Done, after refreshing the wifi networks were successfully detected and it's now connected to the internet. Thanks for staying with me to get it corrected. Saluki is amazing, although it does have a steep learning curve for some of us.

Re. Logitech mouse not being detected problem has been corrected with pemasu's latest kernel upgrade (3.2.9.2).

Cheers,
Jim
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
mavrothal


Joined: 24 Aug 2009
Posts: 1703

PostPosted: Mon 05 Mar 2012, 17:25    Post_subject: SFS_load  

I have problems unloading an SFS with sfs_load in 013.
SFS_load never exits and and shutdown also halts.
Kernel says:
Code:
[  116.850271] BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at
00000160
[  116.850277] IP: [<c10a8023>] bd_set_size+0x9/0x62
[  116.850290] *pde = 00000000
[  116.850292] Oops: 0000 [#1] PREEMPT SMP
[  116.850295] Modules linked in: mperf uvcvideo videodev i2c_core
snd_intel8x0 snd_ac97_codec ac97_bus snd_pcm_oss snd_mixer_oss snd_pcm
snd_seq_dummy snd_seq_oss snd_seq_midi snd_rawmidi snd_seq_midi_event
pcspkr snd_seq snd_timer snd_seq_device snd soundcore snd_page_alloc
shpchp e1000 intel_agp intel_gtt agpgart container evdev button
processor thermal_sys hwmon fuse aufs squashfs floppy [last unloaded:
battery]
[  116.850318]
[  116.850320] Pid: 14525, comm: busybox Not tainted 3.2.8-ski #1
Parallels Software International Inc. Parallels Virtual
Platform/Parallels Virtual Platform
[  116.850325] EIP: 0060:[<c10a8023>] EFLAGS: 00210246 CPU: 1
[  116.850327] EIP is at bd_set_size+0x9/0x62
[  116.850329] EAX: 00000000 EBX: f4563740 ECX: 00000000 EDX: 00000000
[  116.850331] ESI: 00000000 EDI: f5c80660 EBP: f4563740 ESP: f1a55b88
[  116.850334]  DS: 007b ES: 007b FS: 00d8 GS: 0033 SS: 0068
[  116.850336] Process busybox (pid: 14525, ti=f1a54000 task=f1877c40
task.ti=f1a54000)
[  116.850338] Stack:
[  116.850339]  f5c806ec f5c80600 c120d414 00000000 00000000 00000000
f18e6140 000200da
[  116.850344]  0000001d 00004c01 00004c01 f5c80600 c120dbb5 00000004
00000004 00000000
[  116.850349]  00000004 00000001 00000000 f1a55bd4 f1a55bd4 f6003040
f5c806fc f1a55c0c
[  116.850354] Call Trace:
[  116.850363]  [<c120d414>] ? loop_clr_fd+0x14f/0x1dc
[  116.850366]  [<c120dbb5>] ? lo_ioctl+0x58a/0xacf
[  116.850373]  [<c118022c>] ? blk_finish_plug+0xa/0x24
[  116.850379]  [<c1064e21>] ? generic_file_aio_write+0x9b/0xa5
[  116.850385]  [<c1101c40>] ? ext4_file_write+0x1fb/0x249
[  116.850391]  [<c1086cdd>] ? do_sync_write+0xa0/0xe4
[  116.850395]  [<c118ba92>] ? cpumask_next_and+0x23/0x33
[  116.850402]  [<c1024632>] ? load_balance+0x2e0/0x111b
[  116.850405]  [<c1086dc1>] ? do_sync_read+0xa0/0xe4
[  116.850407]  [<c118ba92>] ? cpumask_next_and+0x23/0x33
[  116.850410]  [<c1024632>] ? load_balance+0x2e0/0x111b
[  116.850412]  [<c1086c3d>] ? do_sync_readv_writev+0xdb/0xdb
[  116.850422]  [<f807efbe>] ? xino_fwrite+0x41/0xa6 [aufs]
[  116.850425]  [<c1066954>] ? zone_watermark_ok+0x1d/0x23
[  116.850427]  [<c118ccde>] ? kobject_get+0xf/0x13
[  116.850430]  [<c1185465>] ? get_disk+0x57/0x6e
[  116.850432]  [<c1185483>] ? exact_lock+0x7/0xd
[  116.850436]  [<c1205a64>] ? kobj_lookup+0x10c/0x138
[  116.850439]  [<c1184c5b>] ? disk_map_sector_rcu+0x93/0x93
[  116.850442]  [<c10729eb>] ? bdi_lock_two+0x13/0x27
[  116.850444]  [<c10a82f4>] ? bdev_inode_switch_bdi+0x87/0x9b
[  116.850447]  [<c10a904d>] ? __blkdev_get+0x249/0x2c8
[  116.850450]  [<c120d62b>] ? loop_get_status+0x139/0x139
[  116.850452]  [<c1184321>] ? __blkdev_driver_ioctl+0x21/0x25
[  116.850454]  [<c1184b93>] ? blkdev_ioctl+0x86e/0x8a3
[  116.850457]  [<c10a88a1>] ? bd_acquire+0x8c/0x91
[  116.850459]  [<c1085dfb>] ? __dentry_open+0x195/0x24a
[  116.850463]  [<c1096a75>] ? dput+0x18/0x141
[  116.850466]  [<c109b213>] ? mntput_no_expire+0xe/0xd8
[  116.850469]  [<c10917f8>] ? do_last+0x5c8/0x648
[  116.850471]  [<c1096a75>] ? dput+0x18/0x141
[  116.850474]  [<c109b213>] ? mntput_no_expire+0xe/0xd8
[  116.850476]  [<c1091b36>] ? path_openat+0x2be/0x2d3
[  116.850479]  [<c1091bee>] ? do_filp_open+0x23/0x5d
[  116.850482]  [<c10a80ee>] ? block_ioctl+0x27/0x2c
[  116.850484]  [<c10a80c7>] ? nr_blockdev_pages+0x3c/0x3c
[  116.850486]  [<c1092d13>] ? do_vfs_ioctl+0x45f/0x49d
[  116.850489]  [<c1085aea>] ? do_sys_open+0x178/0x184
[  116.850491]  [<c1092d7d>] ? sys_ioctl+0x2c/0x42
[  116.850498]  [<c136dd39>] ? syscall_call+0x7/0xb
[  116.850500] Code: 1c 31 c0 85 d2 75 18 39 5b 44 74 11 8b 46 30 3d ec
7f 0a c1 74 07 85 c0 0f 94 c0 eb 02 b0 01 5b 5e c3 56 89 d6 53 89 c3 8b
40 58 <8b> 80 60 01 00 00 85 c0 74 0e 8b 80 b4 02 00 00 66 85 c0 0f b7
[  116.850526] EIP: [<c10a8023>] bd_set_size+0x9/0x62 SS:ESP
0068:f1a55b88
[  116.850530] CR2: 0000000000000160
[  116.850532] ---[ end trace 34cb2dea89fce63e ]---


Anybody else has this issue on a real machine (not VM)?

_________________
Kids all over the world go around with an XO laptop. They deserve one puppy (or many) too Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
elroy


Joined: 02 Feb 2012
Posts: 374

PostPosted: Mon 05 Mar 2012, 17:52    Post_subject:  

You may already be aware of this jemimah, but I noticed a minor typo on the first message of this thread (Saluki introduction) -

Quote:
It should run tolerably fast on older machines and netbooks and older machines


- maybe when you edit the post while releasing 014 you could check it out?
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 104 of 250 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, ..., 248, 249, 250 Next
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.1720s ][ Queries: 12 (0.0478s) ][ GZIP on ]