Saluki

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
smokey01

#2746 Post by smokey01 »

jemimah, Ogle does not open properly in 020.

# ogle
ogle_gui: /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/ogle/libdvdcontrol.so.9)
WARNING[dvd_gui]: add_keybinding(): No such action: 'SaveScreenshot'
WARNING[dvd_gui]: add_keybinding(): No such action: 'SaveScreenshotWithSPU'

libglade-WARNING **: Error loading image: Failed to open file '/usr/share/ogle_gui/stock_media_rew.png': No such file or directory

libglade-WARNING **: could not convert string to type `GdkPixbuf' for property `pixbuf'

libglade-WARNING **: Error loading image: Failed to open file '/usr/share/ogle_gui/media-playback-start-rtl.png': No such file or directory

libglade-WARNING **: could not convert string to type `GdkPixbuf' for property `pixbuf'

libglade-WARNING **: Error loading image: Failed to open file '/usr/share/ogle_gui/stock_stop.png': No such file or directory

libglade-WARNING **: Error loading image: Failed to open file '/usr/share/ogle_gui/stock_play.png': No such file or directory

libglade-WARNING **: Error loading image: Failed to open file '/usr/share/ogle_gui/media-seek-forward.png': No such file or directory

libglade-WARNING **: Error loading image: Failed to open file '/usr/share/ogle_gui/media-seek-backward.png': No such file or directory

libglade-WARNING **: Error loading image: Failed to open file '/usr/share/ogle_gui/stock_first.png': No such file or directory

libglade-WARNING **: Error loading image: Failed to open file '/usr/share/ogle_gui/stock_pause.png': No such file or directory

libglade-WARNING **: Error loading image: Failed to open file '/usr/share/ogle_gui/stock_last.png': No such file or directory

libglade-WARNING **: Error loading image: Failed to open file '/usr/share/ogle_gui/media-skip-forward.png': No such file or directory

libglade-WARNING **: Error loading image: Failed to open file '/usr/share/ogle_gui/appointment.png': No such file or directory

libglade-WARNING **: Error loading image: Failed to open file '/usr/share/ogle_gui/appointment-soon.png': No such file or directory

libglade-WARNING **: Error loading image: Failed to open file '/usr/share/ogle_gui/top.png': No such file or directory

libglade-WARNING **: Error loading image: Failed to open file '/usr/share/ogle_gui/stock_left.png': No such file or directory

libglade-WARNING **: Error loading image: Failed to open file '/usr/share/ogle_gui/stock_up.png': No such file or directory

libglade-WARNING **: Error loading image: Failed to open file '/usr/share/ogle_gui/stock_down.png': No such file or directory

libglade-WARNING **: Error loading image: Failed to open file '/usr/share/ogle_gui/stock_right.png': No such file or directory

libglade-WARNING **: Error loading image: Failed to open file '/usr/share/ogle_gui/edit-redo.png': No such file or directory

libglade-WARNING **: Error loading image: Failed to open file '/usr/share/ogle_gui/stock_text_left.png': No such file or directory

libglade-WARNING **: Error loading image: Failed to open file '/usr/share/ogle_gui/stock_volume.png': No such file or directory

libglade-WARNING **: Error loading image: Failed to open file '/usr/share/ogle_gui/gtk-justify-fill.png': No such file or directory

libglade-WARNING **: Error loading image: Failed to open file '/usr/share/ogle_gui/camera-video.png': No such file or directory

ogle_nav: /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2: no version information available (required by ogle_nav)
ogle_vout: /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2: no version information available (required by ogle_vout)
Note[ogle_gui]: GetDiscID failed
msg close FIX

I am running this on an Asus EeePC 1015PEM and it doesn't have a built-in DVD so this may be causing the errors.

I have also noticed that *.AVI movies don't play well, very jerky, almost stopped, especially if they are 750M or larger and 720P resolution with Xnoise. Using Bills VLC the same movie plays fine.

Everything else seems to be working well.

jemimah

#2747 Post by jemimah »

Geoffrey wrote:
jemimah wrote:You can test the new midori by installing these pets: http://smokey01.com/saluki/midori-4.5/

X should be restarted after installing the new glib.
I found that it won't download files with the left mouse button, small window opens and locks up, need to close window and use rightclick save as.

Edit: reinstalled Midori 0.4.4, still has the same problem, must be something else causing it :?
It's a libsoup/glib problem. I think I've found a patch for it.

jemimah

#2748 Post by jemimah »

smokey01 wrote:jemimah, Ogle does not open properly in 020.
I moved some icons around. That must have broke it. Thanks!

DaveS

#2749 Post by DaveS »

Some really strange stuff with new Midori. Attempting to type something into the search box caused Midori to hang. After closing it, Xfce was switching between desktops repeatedly, very fast, several times per second.
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

elroy

midori testing

#2750 Post by elroy »

Hi jemimah. Here are some of my experiences with the new test version of Midori and pet-suite you posted yesterday. I ran it from the terminal to check output messages.

The only one I’ve received so far is when I clicked to clear private data -

(midori4:25498): libsoup-WARNING **: Cache flush finished despite 1 pending requests

** (midori4:25498): CRITICAL **: midori_browser_clear_private_data_response_cb: assertion `button != NULL && GTK_IS_TOGGLE_BUTTON (button)' failed

I went to YouTube and played both flash and HTML5 videos, loaded a local html page, a local mp4 file, and a local mp3 file. All loaded/played without a hitch. Searching from the search bar and from the address bar worked fine for me. And I noticed the pages don’t ‘bounce’ anymore when I scroll up with my touchpad really fast. I loaded 20 tabs, opened a new window, quickly closed random tabs, and opened a private browsing window all without any problems.

Haven’t had it crash yet, but I’ve only used it for about 45 minutes thus far.

Google has an HTML5 zipper doodle on their homepage today. This works with Midori, too, although it renders the graphics much more slowly than it does in my Opera browser. But the HTML5 vids on YouTube seemed to render just fine.

Sage

#2751 Post by Sage »

They seem to have it:
...the third, lupuplus can't shutdown
Ah! Perhaps that's where ditto Saluki got it from?
on Lucid 5.2.8 as well:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 437#622437

jemimah

#2752 Post by jemimah »

Full install shuts down for me. Yours is broken somehow. Try reinstalling again.

Sage

#2753 Post by Sage »

bigpup has provided the solution. Have to unmount the partition first. This is usually automatic.

mavrothal

#2754 Post by mavrothal »

Tried to compile a driver in luki 020 and get

Code: Select all

Can't locate Class/Struct.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/share/autoconf /usr/lib/perl5/5.10.1/i486-t2-linux-gnu /usr/lib/perl5/5.10.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.1/i486-t2-linux-gnu /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.1 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.1/i486-t2-linux-gnu /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.1 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl .) at /usr/lib/perl5/5.10.1/File/stat.pm line 27.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/perl5/5.10.1/File/stat.pm line 27.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/autoconf/Autom4te/FileUtils.pm line 42.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/autoconf/Autom4te/FileUtils.pm line 42.
If I remember correctly they were some changes in devx relating to perl. Is this related?
== [url=http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]Here is how to solve your[/url] [url=https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html]Linux problems fast[/url] ==

Sage

#2756 Post by Sage »

Have to unmount the partition first.
Well, it just ain't that simple. The symptoms can recur when no partitions are open. Sometimes get the KILL message panel saying something is 'open' when it isn't. Going through the motions of examining the disc partition icon in the tray, then brings up the spurious message that sda1 is now closed (it was never 'opened').
This is a very serious issue. I've never seen it before. It certainly wasn't present in v.19 or any previous. Needs detailed forensics beyond my remit.

Jim1911

#2757 Post by Jim1911 »

Hi jemimah,

A frugal installation and a full hd installation on an old Dell Dimension 8250 are both working fine even though it's older than your target computer. No problems noted. Internet connection is using wifi.

Cheers,
Jim

jemimah

#2758 Post by jemimah »

mavrothal wrote:Tried to compile a driver in luki 020 and get

Can't locate Class/Struct.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/share/autoconf /usr/lib/perl5/5.10.1/i486-t2-linux-gnu /usr/lib/perl5/5.10.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.1/i486-t2-linux-gnu /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.1 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.1/i486-t2-linux-gnu /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.1 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl .) at /usr/lib/perl5/5.10.1/File/stat.pm line 27.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/perl5/5.10.1/File/stat.pm line 27.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/autoconf/Autom4te/FileUtils.pm line 42.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/autoconf/Autom4te/FileUtils.pm line 42.
If I remember correctly they were some changes in devx relating to perl. Is this related?
Yes you need to install perl and friends to compile stuff now. It's a pain, but otherwise perl apps' dependencies do not resolve.

jemimah

#2759 Post by jemimah »

Jim1911 wrote:Hi jemimah,

A frugal installation and a full hd installation on an old Dell Dimension 8250 are both working fine even though it's older than your target computer. No problems noted. Internet connection is using wifi.

Cheers,
Jim
Out of curiosity, what are the specs of this computer? Performance is reasonable?

Tasgarth

#2760 Post by Tasgarth »

Saluki 20
1) Cd-live => pupsave : OK. (shutdown is good for me)
and
2) Full install
-- Nvidia 295-20 driver : glxgears =>46124 frames in 5.0 seconds (45700 frames with the last Lupulong )
-- eth0, firefox 10.0.2, flashplayer,claws-mail (+ NLS): good
-- shutdown : OK, no problem
-- gimp-2.7, Rawstudio : good
-- vlc 2.0.0 : good
-- Startmount : good
-- python : only 2.7.2 is good

Cheers

Jim1911

#2761 Post by Jim1911 »

jemimah wrote:
Jim1911 wrote:Hi jemimah,

Cheers,
Jim
Out of curiosity, what are the specs of this computer? Performance is reasonable?
Dell Dimension 8250
Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.4GHz
Memory 1553MB
Video ATI Radeon R300 [Radeon 9700 Pro]

mavrothal

#2762 Post by mavrothal »

jemimah wrote:
mavrothal wrote:Tried to compile a driver in luki 020 and get

Yes you need to install perl and friends to compile stuff now. It's a pain, but otherwise perl apps' dependencies do not resolve.
Worked, but I think you could add the packages as dependencies to perl_DEV. This should not messup other packages requiring perl(modules) and make installation easy.
If this is not kosher, what about a mock pet to pull the deps?
== [url=http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]Here is how to solve your[/url] [url=https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html]Linux problems fast[/url] ==

aarf

#2763 Post by aarf »

jemimah wrote:Full install shuts down for me. Yours is broken somehow. Try reinstalling again.
musher has identified some problem with localizations as a cause http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=77818

cthisbear

#2764 Post by cthisbear »

I have connected with wireless on the Asus Eee PC with
Saluki 019.

This has been a Class A stinker 4 wireless.

No Puppeeee or Fluppy has got this to connect.
I may have seen the encrypted network but this netbook
refused to work in any Puppy till today.

So I'll keep testing a few Pups while I have
this netbook available today.

The sound is really low.

""""""""

Saluki 019 Frisbee would not see my encrypted network.

Encrypted >> WPA2 >>

I had to add >>>> rt2800pci to network modules.
using the Classic network wizard.
Now it picks up my hidden network.
Not just a Telstra Bigpond network.

:::::

Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz
Socket Designation: PBGA 437

"""""""""""""

Thanks,,,,,,Chris.

OK...Saluki reports.

: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GME
Express Integrated Graphics Controller

Display controller

: Intel Corporation Mobile
945GM/GMS/GME, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller

Audio device

: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7
Family High Definition Audio Controller

Ethernet controller :
Atheros Communications AR8132 Fast Ethernet

Network controller
: Ralink corp. RT3090 Wireless 802.11n 1T/1R PCIe

Sage

#2765 Post by Sage »

musher has identified some problem with localizations as a cause
Thanks, aa.
So glad that someone was able to identify this obscure but important defect. Seems that there does need to be some serious re-coding, but not sure by whom?