Saluki

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
jemimah

#3226 Post by jemimah »

linux28 wrote:
jemimah wrote:
linux28 wrote:Hello, I use Upup the Precise, how can Saluki the same can be automatically mounted hard drive all the partitions?the automount? Thank you, pet it?If we can provide a better thank you very much!
This feature is experimental and it will only work in Saluki.
Hello!If convenient, please tell me you need to modify those files can be achieved? I want to try in your own computer
Start here.
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=77398
[url]http://saluki-linux.com[/url]

shelezyaka

#3227 Post by shelezyaka »

KJ wrote:Dromeno wrote: The Saluki 22 package manager offers JWM and IceWM as alternative window managers for xfce4. But if you install IceWM there is no way to switch back to xfce4 ...... With JWM this does not occur but there the wallpaper is wiped out ......

jemimah responded: You need to use the switcher in the control panel.

I am running Saluki 21 and have installed JWM and ICEwm (both basically work with menu and wallpaper problems). However, Where do I find the window manager switcher in the control panel? Wallpaper switcher doesn't work with JWM or ICEwm. No joy so far. Thanks, KJ
I did a package with JWM (with ICEWM not very friendly), still under the 012 version. He has worked with some amendments to the Saluki 021 inclusive. At the Saluki has 022 work just fine does not want. In the package there is a switch between desktops. Package sharpened by Russian language, but you can take it apart and throw too much for you (although it is not clear where you are).
Here is a link.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/vhgaug
AMD X2 4400+ Nvidia 440 GTS RAM 3 Gb модем CCU-550 (1x- EVDO PEOPLENET.ua) WiFi D-link DWA-525. CиÑ￾тема уÑ￾тановленна ВСЕГДÐ￾ FULL !

TTW

#3228 Post by TTW »

Kerry Blue wrote:I posted all issues I had with the 1101HA and Saluki 0.2.2 already on the Saluki homepage's forum, but I wondered: is it better to post here?

A quick overview of the problems encountered:
-wakes up from suspend with black screen
-trouble with microphone
-Battery pack treported to be empty, just after a full reload
-Increase/decrease sound level (F11/F12) only function right after boot up.
-Missing libraries in the Firefox package.

Question: what are the files named "delta" on the download page?
Hi - sorry you didn't get an answer on the Saluki-linux forum - I will copy this response over to there.
I can only comment on my own experience using an Acer Aspire One netbook
If I close the lid the system hibernates and when I open it and press the power button it restarts from where it left off - with Frisbee going off and getting a new Wifi connection
Haven't tried the microphone on the netbook - if anyone wants to set up a test session on skype then send me a PM and lets test that one - I can use the built in mike or a headphone / mike kit so will be quite a good test - I have skype but dont really use it often
Battery pack - sorry I can't reproduce your problem mine works fine
Sound levels F11/F12 - please can you explain what you are trying to do? I can vary the volume on my netbook- although have to say sound has never been a netbook or a puppy strongpoint
Firefox missing libs - Please explain further - can you give details of what is missing where? I loaded FF from the Reps and have not had a problem

Dromeno

I found the wm switch

#3229 Post by Dromeno »

Thanks Jemimah.. the switcher is at an unexpected place but it works fine!

and for the rest - I guess it must be a hell of a job to create a linux which
seamlessly can install any application from a site like

http://www.opensourcesoftwaredirectory.com

(which contains a mixed bunch of debs tarballs and more)

but perhaps in some near future I hope that Saluki groks the install button om the getdeb site (where most of the interesting ubuntu progs can be found). A translation app which translates puppy SFS4 files to a kind of SFS4 which is acceptable for Saluki would hopefully also be doable

'cuz for the moment ordinary users like mee will still need the skills of people like you to finetune many if not most open source apps for Saluki.

Dromeno

Clonezilla?

#3230 Post by Dromeno »

This is another old one from my 'wanted' list. I do not know if it is possible but clonezilla is an image-everything tool like pudd, but generally much faster. It is not an app but a separate kind of linux, capable of making an clone/image of almost everything. Kind of software equivalent of the star trek replicator.

I think it would be great if clonezilla could be a part of some kind of puppy (preferably saluki). I suppose that can be done by using virtualbox.

I am dreaming of cloning, for instance, a GPS device- including maps an all- or anything with an USB cable attached, so I can have good backup to image on a new one of the same brand (or on a virtual copy of the device which then can run in a puppy/saluki environment).

Geoffrey

#3231 Post by Geoffrey »

I thought I'd ask whether anybody else is getting crashes and warning like these, this the short version but shows some of what I've been getting with a number of different apps,
qupzilla
QupZilla: 0 extensions loaded
QFont::setPixelSize: Pixel size <= 0 (0)
shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory
shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory

(qupzilla:1471): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_window_set_back_pixmap: assertion `GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed

(qupzilla:1471): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_window_get_origin: assertion `GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed

(qupzilla:1471): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: instance with invalid (NULL) class pointer

(qupzilla:1471): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_window_set_back_pixmap: assertion `GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed

(qupzilla:1471): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_window_get_origin: assertion `GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed

(qupzilla:1471): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: instance of invalid non-instantiatable type `(null)'

(qupzilla:1471): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_signal_handlers_destroy: assertion `G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed

(qupzilla:1471): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: instance of invalid non-instantiatable type `(null)'

(qupzilla:1471): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_signal_handlers_destroy: assertion `G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed
Segmentation fault
#

This is xmenumaker, it doesn't crash and appears to work fine, but still gives errors

# xmenumaker

(gtkdialog:2106): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: value "2.000000" of type `gfloat' is invalid or out of range for property `xalign' of type `gfloat'

Can some check and see if the error for xmenumaker occurs if run from the terminal, this may account for some of the faults that occur.

Thanks

Geoffrey

#3232 Post by Geoffrey »

Here is QupZilla a Qt web browser, this is the latest snapshot compiled in Saluki, dependencies are qt and qtwebkit.

Get it Here http://www.smokey01.com/saluki/Geoffrey ... 5-i486.pet 3.6 MB (3,621,508 Bytes) 27/05/2012
Attachments
qupzilla.jpg
(28.83 KiB) Downloaded 870 times

Kerry Blue

#3233 Post by Kerry Blue »

I tried Saluki 0.21 with the 1101HA EEEPC to see if this would solve sound issues, but the recording of sound still causes lots of very irritating background noise.

Dromeno

microphone

#3234 Post by Dromeno »

The microphone problem in AsusEEE 11 and 12 series occurs in Ubuntu as well. So I think it is a linux driver problem. I can only use skype in windows on my eee 1215n

Dromeno

Fotoxxx 11 crashes in Saluki 22

#3235 Post by Dromeno »

see attached photo for the terminal report. It happens after opening a photo when I want to resize it. Viewing is no problem, resizing is.
Attachments
FotoxxCrash.png
(79.41 KiB) Downloaded 396 times

Kerry Blue

#3236 Post by Kerry Blue »

The microphone problem in AsusEEE 11 and 12 series occurs in Ubuntu as well. So I think it is a linux driver problem. I can only use skype in windows on my eee 1215n
Open the mixer, select soundcard (I see two listed), check settings of the both. That makes it usable, though recorded sound was better under Puppeee.

Kerry Blue

#3237 Post by Kerry Blue »

Awakening from suspend doesn't work either under Saluki 0.21 for the 1101HA: screen stays black.

Puppyt

#3238 Post by Puppyt »

Geoffrey wrote:Here is QupZilla a Qt web browser, this is the latest snapshot compiled in Saluki, dependencies are qt and qtwebkit."
Huge Thanks, Geoffrey - I was too shy to ask :)
Qupzilla is a fab browser, and far and away the most popular in our household.
Search engines for Puppy
[url]http://puppylinux.us/psearch.html[/url]; [url=https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=015995643981050743583%3Aabvzbibgzxo&q=#gsc.tab=0]Google Custom Search[/url]; [url]http://wellminded.net63.net/[/url] others TBA...

KJ

Re: I found the wm switch

#3239 Post by KJ »

Dromeno wrote:Thanks Jemimah.. the switcher is at an unexpected place but it works fine!.
Where did you find it in the control panel? I looked at everything in the desktop section with no joy. Even upgraded to 022 ... still no joy. KJ

Dromeno

specto not starting

#3240 Post by Dromeno »

See the attached screenshot for the terminal report.

I tried to install specto in Saluki 22. But it does not add a menu entry automatically, and does not run when started manually. Can it be that some part of the program is missing?
Attachments
Specto_not_starting.png
(42 KiB) Downloaded 393 times
Specto_not_starting.png
(42 KiB) Downloaded 397 times

Dromeno

IceWM_Switch

#3241 Post by Dromeno »

Where did you find it in the control panel? I looked at everything in the desktop section with no joy. Even upgraded to 022 ... still no joy. KJ
[img]/mnt/sda9/Plaatjes/Screenshots/IceWM.png[/img]
Attachments
IceWM.png
(91.89 KiB) Downloaded 547 times

Dromeno

screenshots as jpg?

#3242 Post by Dromeno »

Tiny detail: the screenshot manager only saves as png. In most cases a (smaller) jpg is good enough.

jemimah

#3243 Post by jemimah »

Kerry Blue wrote:Awakening from suspend doesn't work either under Saluki 0.21 for the 1101HA: screen stays black.
The 1101HA does not have a proper video driver for linux - that it works at all surprises me.

jemimah

Re: I found the wm switch

#3244 Post by jemimah »

KJ wrote:
Dromeno wrote:Thanks Jemimah.. the switcher is at an unexpected place but it works fine!.
Attachments
screenshot.jpg
(52.12 KiB) Downloaded 1469 times

Billtoo

#3245 Post by Billtoo »

Geoffrey wrote:Here is QupZilla a Qt web browser, this is the latest snapshot compiled in Saluki, dependencies are qt and qtwebkit.
I thought I'd make it for fatdog64, (copy cat :))
Attachments
QupZilla.jpg
(118.78 KiB) Downloaded 1368 times