Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 22 Feb 2018, 13:08
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Saluki
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 229 of 252 [3776 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, ..., 250, 251, 252 Next
DaveS

PostPosted: Sat 07 Jul 2012, 13:45    Post subject:  

Is volman in 23?
jemimah

PostPosted: Sat 07 Jul 2012, 13:50    Post subject:  

mavrothal wrote:
Looks like that only the midori_NLS-0.4.6-i486.pet had made it to the repo. Not the exe file.
(more after ISO re-download Wink )

LatterOne thing that is probably a bug of Volume mounter is that after suspend/resume it shows the swap partition of an SDcard on the desktop. This might be due to the kernel I use (3.3.8-olpc) or not.
After suspend/resume also shows on the desktop look0, 1, 2 etc. Basically whatever /dev is in "df".
None of these was the case till 022

Also when booting from a USB does not offer to create the save file in other devices (SDcard in this case). Only boot device. Is this a feature or a bug?

I uploaded midori. I still apparently need to patch .4.6 for the blank download dialog problem so I'll probably upload it again later,

I'll see if I can reproduce the swap thing.

Offering only to create a save file on the usb boot media is the default behavior of pupsaveconfig. I think this does cut down on confusion.

jemimah

PostPosted: Sat 07 Jul 2012, 13:52    Post subject:  

DaveS wrote:
Is volman in 23?

Thunar-volman is not there. I'm not sure it's needed and I haven't tested yet to see if it even works with this configuration. Is there some functionality it has that you need?

jemimah

PostPosted: Sat 07 Jul 2012, 13:53    Post subject:  

I've uploaded new versions of Firefox and Opera to the repo.
elroy

PostPosted: Sat 07 Jul 2012, 14:24    Post subject: Saluki-Linux Download Links  

Is there any way to point the download links on Saluki-Linux to the available downloads on smokey01? it just seems that they should be pointing to some legitimate download, being that's where the downloads are offered. Currently if you click on the 023 download link from Saluki-Linux, you get an 'Error 404 - Page Not Found' from Gator.

If I'm a new user, let's say I saw a review on YouTube, got excited and decided to try it out, I may get pretty frustrated if I go to the download link and then I'm not able to access the download.
jemimah

PostPosted: Sat 07 Jul 2012, 17:33    Post subject:  

Fixed. Didn't realize it was doing that.
DaveS

PostPosted: Sat 07 Jul 2012, 18:36    Post subject:  

jemimah wrote:
DaveS wrote:
Is volman in 23?

Thunar-volman is not there. I'm not sure it's needed and I haven't tested yet to see if it even works with this configuration. Is there some functionality it has that you need?

Not that I cant work around. Its just a little sophistication, thats all.

futwerk

PostPosted: Sun 08 Jul 2012, 11:32    Post subject:  

some backgrounds.
pupag22,11tcd.jpg
 Description   http://www.mediafire.com/?7v1msw26s6chb
 Filesize   21.77 KB
 Viewed   2100 Time(s)

pupag22,11tcd.jpg

pupag22,11kc.jpg
 Filesize   20.82 KB
 Viewed   2090 Time(s)

pupag22,11kc.jpg

gcmartin

PostPosted: Mon 09 Jul 2012, 18:51    Post subject: thanks  

@Jemimah

Nice touch. The system is very clean, smooth, and fast.

Thanks for the upgrade.

The only issue I had is with a 4GB RAM, AMD X2, nVidia 250 video, that I Live media Saluki booted. All of the Intel chipset had no problem. But, on the nVidea system, the monitor is not displaying desktop for pfix=ram. To get desktop, I must Cntrl-Alt-Bkspce and run xorgwizard. The default driver use by Saluki is noveau. But, if I select the nv driver and try 1280x1024. I get the same problem. The only resolution that displays is 1024x768. The message I'm getting in a textbox on the black screen is "Input Not Supporte"

I am running this system on a LAN that does NOT have internet capability, thus all subsystems in use are OOTB. I mention this is because when I'm finally at desktop, it has passed the Persoanlized Setting for localization setup. Thus system users like myself would miss the localization screen that was only presented underneath the error screen and cannot be seen. And any user would have to search the desktop menus and then also the Control Panel's menus to find Personalize Setting for setup. I was thinking that the control panel when first opened on a desktop, probably, should open on the system setting tab so that the localization tool is on the first control panel page.

But, most people probably don't have this configuration and are not experiencing this boot-time issue for pfix=ram.

Another item of note is the network entry for the task bar. It is, again, another nice touch as when its setup, it displays the IP address acquired by the system. Thanks for this find for its useful and meaningful to have the address of the running LAN adapter with a simple mouse-over the icon.

For a desktop with a system builder tool, this is great contribution in Puppyland

If there's info that I can provide you with, let me know and I'll gather if for your review. If you think sysinfo will help you in any way, let me know.

@Jemimah, check your PM.

Tman

PostPosted: Sun 15 Jul 2012, 13:04    Post subject:  

Just tried Saluki 23.

Downloaded Firefox-12 from the Package Manager.

Wow! Mounting of drives and overall responsiveness appears to be faster than than Saluki 16, which was the last version I remember testing.

Very polished and user friendly. Nice look and feel. To say that it is good is a major understatement. Fantastic work, Jemimah.

This is a great achievement. And to Geoffrey and the others who have helped with compiling apps; compiling can be very time consuming...you guys have done a very good job.
rob_0126

PostPosted: Mon 16 Jul 2012, 17:20    Post subject:  

I am taking saluki for a testdrive now. Is there a way to edit menus like the kde menu editor does, visually thru an updated listbox?
futwerk

PostPosted: Mon 16 Jul 2012, 21:34    Post subject:  

backgrounds.
pupjl5,4sz.jpg
 Filesize   20.65 KB
 Viewed   1078 Time(s)

pupjl5,4sz.jpg

pupjl5,4sz2.jpg
 Filesize   16.74 KB
 Viewed   1094 Time(s)

pupjl5,4sz2.jpg

pupjl5,4sz1.jpg
 Filesize   17.98 KB
 Viewed   1090 Time(s)

pupjl5,4sz1.jpg

tsal

PostPosted: Tue 17 Jul 2012, 05:14    Post subject:  

First off i would like to say WOW! Saluki 23 is fantastic. Very Happy Really well thought out. Only been using it for a day now, but very impressed so far. One thing I have noticed though, and not sure if it is a bug, or I'm doing something wrong. I am using vga, and Saluki boots into a default 1920x1080 resolution.
I change this to 1024x768 in the control panel, and everything is great. Save to a pup file upon shutting down, All my other settings are saved through a reboot except the resolution. Keeps defaulting back to 1920x1080. Any thoughts? Thanks.
tsal

PostPosted: Tue 17 Jul 2012, 05:17    Post subject:  

Delete. Double post.
the last saviour

PostPosted: Wed 18 Jul 2012, 06:51    Post subject:  

HI Jemimah;
I have experienced nearly 10 Puppies and I consider Saluki is the best Puppy. Though not the fastest but the most stable and user friendly.
- Excellent Package manager GUI, especially missing information.
- Thunar file manager can turn a lot of Microsoft users to Linux with lesser pain.
- Xfce is adjustable in all aspects (but too much for me).
- Xnoise is great but no playlist save Sad.
- Screen capture is very good.
- Improve file search function.
- Notification for new song can not set to zero.

Probably you gonna make my prediction become true soon.
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=57979

I would like to report some bugs I found;
1. Midori cannot enlarge the font with crtl++, but can enlarge with the VIEW menu.
Midori cannot show Thai font correctly, Thai font need UTF-8 and another 3 Thai encodings which you can see in Opera.
2. When maximizing window, the upper right buttons will disappear if the CPU Frequency Scaling Tool or ACPI is turned on.
3. Pfont font installer does not function.
4. Image list doesn't change wallpaper properly.
5. Can't show file and folder name in Thai correctly unless I eject the flash drive and insert it again.

Many thanks for your Saluki.
Gods bless you.

Page 229 of 252 [3776 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, ..., 250, 251, 252 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to: