Puppy2 alpha snapshot 11th April 2006

News, happenings
marksouth2000

Looking forward to next snapshot

#16 Post by marksouth2000 »

BarryK wrote:I'll release another puppy2 snapshot in a few days, maybe will fix it.
Barry, that's good news. It's eagerly awaited!

Cheers,
Mark

lickthefrog

#17 Post by lickthefrog »

weird keyboard issue:

sorry, i'm a newbie and don't really know what i'm doing, but here's what happened to me.

in searching for a solution to a usb keyboard problem i have with my ibm netvista (weird computer).

the computer comes with a usb keyboard that works while booting earlier versions of puppy, but not once it's up (not in x or at the # prompt). so i need a PS2 keyboard (which won't work during the boot process - weird to me).

anyway, so i am testing two puppy2 alphas.

puppy2 from march 28 will boot and i can use the usb keyboard only through the whole process. so i know that herein lies the solution to the usb keyboard problem.

BUT, puppy2 from april 11 is different. here i can use the usb keyboard to set "puppy ide=nodma" but when the script starts and then asks me which language to use for the keyboard, the keyboard does not respond.

so, i'm just concerned that the next snapshot will be more like the april 11th image than the march 28th one.

does that make sense?

thanks,
lickthefrog

galdarian

#18 Post by galdarian »

lickthefrog wrote: BUT, puppy2 from april 11 is different. here i can use the usb keyboard to set "puppy ide=nodma" but when the script starts and then asks me which language to use for the keyboard, the keyboard does not respond.
http://www.murga.org/~puppy/viewtopic.php?t=6350

As I haven't used the Alpha pup I don't know if this is the topic above is the exact problem. Can anybody confirm that the usbkbd module is still loaded in /etc/rc.d/rc.local0??
Common sense ain't so common!