Making financial contributions

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
ravensrest

#16 Post by ravensrest »

Maybe contribute to Lobster for the best humor in this thread?

Seriously, I appreciate the ideas and data that you all have contributed thus far.

I like best emil's "Puppy Foundation", but that requires someone to organize and control it. Maybe impossible, at least difficult. Next choice would be Barry's notion of a "Puppy Developer's Award". I think, from what you have all said, the most immediate solution is to contribute directly to Barry and let him disseminate it as he chooses.

Some of you, and a number of others have helped me in the past.I thank all of you who have provided me with direct solutions to the questions and problems I've posed over the years.

BS

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#17 Post by Lobster »

technosaurus wrote:Normally I wouldn't care, but as I am currently unemployed, if there _were_ "bounties" I would be Boba Fett right now.
Work as bounty hunters in galaxies far far away may be few and far between :wink:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boba_Fett

However you are willing to work for Darth Vader . . . m m m . . .
Is anyone willing to sponsor some bug killing in this universe I wonder . . . ? 8)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

darkcity

#18 Post by darkcity »

Puppy Foundation may be a good idea, especially if you want Puppy to because easier to use (no command line stuff needed)

Then there are alternative currencies like bitcoin, or timeshare schemes

http://bitcoin.org/

Also, what do people think about using Google Summer of Code scheme to help development - inkscape has benefited from this?

disciple

#19 Post by disciple »

Are you suggesting applying to become a mentoring organisation for the Google Summer of Code? Or organising a similar "Puppy Summer of Code"?

I don't think Puppy would have any chance of being accepted for the former. Puppy doesn't even have an organisation, anyway ;)
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

Saturn

keeping puppy mirrors alive, specifically brainwave

#20 Post by Saturn »

Hello, I would like to in most cases NOT to ask for donations as, the hosting of the brainwave repo, has been coming of my wallet, for the last two years , without asking for anything in return, as I did it solely out of love for all the awesomeness puppy does for people

But now, with my mother having stage 3 cancer, I can no longer afford the bill for hosting

If I could I would pay for the hosting indefinitely, en gratis( spanish for free as in freedom)

But I simply can not

If any puppians can make a donation towards making puppy great(er) it would be appreciated, regardless if it's for brainwave or not

my paypal for donations is Frag-artists (AT) hotmail.com

If you are able to help any

Thanks!

Amgine

#21 Post by Amgine »

What about server costs? I assume this forum and puppylinux.org is ran off of a server Barry is running right?

Servers need upgrading? More hard drive space for "Puppy Cloud :idea:" more RAM faster CPU.

disciple

#22 Post by disciple »

No, Barry doesn't have anything to do with this forum (apart from endorsing it). John Murga runs it.

I think Barry may have had something to do with puppylinux.org in the past, but not anymore. (I may be wrong about this)
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER