AILBSD-Isys/305 - Pupeee with Dutch kernel, extras

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
darkcity

#21 Post by darkcity »

Hope your health is improving, added your pup to big list

http://puppylinux.org/wikka/PuppyVersion

russoodle

#22 Post by russoodle »

Hello Kirsten, not much i can say, except to thank you for your contribution of this Dutch Puppy and to wish you much improvement in your health.

I hope we see you back here soon.
[i][color=Green][size=92]The mud-elephant, wading thru the sea, leaves no tracks..[/size][/color][/i]

Kirsten-Duarte

#23 Post by Kirsten-Duarte »

I'm still hanging in there folks. I've added a links customized webbrowser for safety regarding the Blitzkrieg Defender.

Here is a screenshot: It features the Links Webbrowser, but customized for use with Isys/305.

Click here for the Customized Links-0.81 Webbrowser

Kirsten-Duarte

#24 Post by Kirsten-Duarte »

I want to thank everybody whom supported me through this tough time, and I may say I think I made it... one more week to go of treatment, and then time will tell what is going to happen.

As for the project, I am back on track whilst I lost the kernel source, but I forgot I had a backup on a different laptop (The Belinea machine), so we're back in progress with the Dutch kernel...

As for the Defender and console browser, it will be further customized and eventually be translated into Dutch too, however the Links browser has custom language built-in.

Darkcity: Thank you :)

Kirsten-Duarte

#25 Post by Kirsten-Duarte »

Another small feature I am working on: Links WWW Browser, I want to implement her as File Manager as replacement for Rox Filer, and as default webbrowser, which has 2 advantages:

1. When X11 isn't working, you can still access the internet from console, as this might be handy sometimes.
2. Implemented firewall, while under attack, Isys/305 can still manage the firewall from console.

Links WWW Browser (With documentation which was on the Links WWW Browser ToDo list).

Kirsten-Duarte

#26 Post by Kirsten-Duarte »

I think I have some very... sad news for the people whom have been following this subject and the development of Isys/305 and that is that I have a version ready, which is basically a epic fail, due to minor aspects that have taken me by surprise.

I lost track of the kernel configuration which is supposed to enable wireless LAN and everything on the EEEpc, meaning the kernel can access internet via Ethernet still, but that wasn't the whole purpose. As for the Maxdata Belinea version, the kernel won't compile wireless on that machine either, due to a bug in the code disabling the rtl8187 driver to be compiled.

I intended to release the Beta version of Isys/305 today, but due to this surprise I will have to delay the project again, or just cancel it and give it up.

I'm sorry, guys. It went well till this moment, and I tried my best but failed.