5.3 can't find SFS files

Using applications, configuring, problems
01micko

#16 Post by 01micko »

tytower wrote: While you are there do you know where I can download avr-g++ from in a version or package that will install to puppy 5.3 ok ?
avr-gcc is in the PPM if you enable the Slackware repos (Type avr in the search box), I'm not sure if it includes avr-g++, hope this helps.
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

canbyte

#17 Post by canbyte »

I am also experincing the same problem - boot configuration can't find sfs. Have been going crazy trying to get draftsight installed as outlined here.

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 7&start=30

I've been trying in both 528 and 533 and hampered by optical drive broken (by multisession?)

This SFS thing is now explained and it's dumb.

In 528, the boot thing will find the sfs file if placed in '/' directory and if it is named _528.sfs

In 533 it will only find the file if it is placed in /mnt/home and named _5.3.3.sfs

The confusion is caused by multi instructions with the error message being correct in 533 but not in 528. Well, at least as I recall since it was late last night when I quit trying 528 and I'm not going back to verify what I just wrote, assuming it can be recovered at all. But there is something screwy with the format thing. Looks like a bug to me.
[color=orange]1. Dell Dimension E521, AMD Athln 64, 2 GHz 1.93GB ram,
Puppy 533 on CD, accesses flash drive only,
FFox Nightly12.0
2. Compaq P3 733Hz 375RAM
Printer: Oki C3400 > LAN [/color]