ABC iview downloader

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
Geoffrey

ABC iview downloader

#1 Post by Geoffrey »

I came across this ABC iview downloader, http://localhostr.com/download/Veu7lO0/ ... X_V7.0.zip it works up to a point but it appears that puppy doesn't have the " nl " command in bash, well in Racy it doesn't seem to be included, this will retrieve the program list
but when a program list is searched to add to the download list I get this error.

Code: Select all

/root/iview/iView_Downloader_LINUX_7.0: line 176: nl: command not found
Select a number to add a show to download list, 'a' adds all,
0 adds nothing, and 's' allows you to search this list:
s
Enter search string (not case sensitive):
The Superhero
/root/iview/iView_Downloader_LINUX_7.0: line 39: nl: command not found
No matching results found
Press enter to continue...
anyone have any idea as to why this command is missing, I would like to get this working, it will only work if you have an Aussie IP

Geoffrey
Last edited by Geoffrey on Thu 15 Dec 2011, 08:04, edited 1 time in total.

Geoffrey

#2 Post by Geoffrey »

I had another look at this, it seems I can use " wc -l " to replace " nl ", this seems to work and gives the total number of downloads available,
the search also now works but only gives the choice of selecting all with the search text in the name or none to download.

Should be able to create a gtk gui for this, I edited the download list for a test and it works, as an example in the download list I leave " ideal_11_06_02.mp4 "
and when downloading the file is called " ideal_11_06_02.mp4.mp4 " but if the properties of the files are viewed it say's they are Macromedia Flash Video,
so there should be no need to convert them, well looks as if it will be a goer for Australians, a proxy will be needed for other locals, I can feel a project coming on. 8)

I'm having a win today, this and I found a python script for iview that runs on my Xbox also, wunderbar.

Geoffrey

Edit: I might need a hand with this, still a bit of a problem with the script, some videos are in directories such a news, kids, these need to be created so that it has a path to save to,
some more thought is needed on the matter, I'm not that clued up with bash scripts, though I would be able to do it, it will take me quite a bit of time to sought it out and make it a going concern,
I can make it work for me but it is a muck about having to manually edit the download list, I'll see how I go with it.

bh56

Iview Downloader

#3 Post by bh56 »

Hi Geoffery

Could you detail how you got this program to run?
I'm using slackopuppy 5.3; downloaded and extracted the contents to a folder in /root/my_apps/bin/Iview.
I then ran the run_me_first script in a terminal. The permissions of the files seem OK (all executable).
When running the main program I get a list of options but selecting 4 (download list) I get:
cat: ./temp/download_list.txt: No such file or directory
Number of downloads 0
Completed Downloads:
Incomplete Downloads:

I'd appreciate any ideas.
Brendan

Geoffrey

Re: Iview Downloader

#4 Post by Geoffrey »

bh56 wrote:Hi Geoffery

Could you detail how you got this program to run?
I'm using slackopuppy 5.3; downloaded and extracted the contents to a folder in /root/my_apps/bin/Iview.
I then ran the run_me_first script in a terminal. The permissions of the files seem OK (all executable).
When running the main program I get a list of options but selecting 4 (download list) I get:
cat: ./temp/download_list.txt: No such file or directory
Number of downloads 0
Completed Downloads:
Incomplete Downloads:

I'd appreciate any ideas.
Brendan
Hi Brendan, you need to get a new list before it will create a download list,.....gee that was a little while ago, I'll have to go back and find it all, I know it was to do with renaming some of the commands in a script, I was going to build a new GUI for it, though it did have a problem with getting the actual path to download the files, but I did get it to download, I sort of forgot about it as I use my xbox XBMC with a python plugin to view the ABC, hopefully I still have what I was working on, give me a few day's to see what I can do, we might be able to sort it out between us.

I'll keep updating this post while waiting for your reply.

Ok , I've tried it again this time reading my own instructions, I can get the list of shows and add a program to the download list, it starts the process but fails, I get a "Error code 1" they may have changed something again I will look into a little deeper, this will work if the authentication is correct, I did get a mp4 file but of 0 size

if this fails to become usable I'll look for another way to download iview, on the xbox I can watch them but I'm unable to save them which I would prefer.
Cheers Geoff

bh56

iview downloader

#5 Post by bh56 »

Thanks Geoffrey.

Actually the problem might lie with the ABC. I have successfully used iviewfox with the windows version of Firefox (in doesn't work in the linux version) in the past. Now it does not work either, so possibly the ABC has changed the way it operates.
Cheers

Brendan

bh56

#6 Post by bh56 »

I tried python-iview using Linux Mint Debian. Works fine, so I thought I'd try it with Slacko. I'm using the python that comes with the devx.sfs. Running python iview-gtk I get an error mesage saying that it can't find a module called beautiful soup. I've found a copy of that module and tried importing it by typing python and then at the cli typing import Beautiful Soup but still no joy.
Does any body know how to import modules correctly and to do it so that it is done automatically?
Thanks