GetFlash install Flashplayer

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
csipesz

#136 Post by csipesz »

A working getflash app from my hungarian forum-mate, ntamas:
https://yadi.sk/d/dbvLohV4xdzhW
forum thread:
http://skamilinux.hu/phpBB3/viewtopic.p ... 5d44#p4187
Last edited by csipesz on Wed 26 Oct 2016, 19:54, edited 1 time in total.

version2013

#137 Post by version2013 »

GetFlashPlayer v1.5-7 is now displaying "Unable to contact the server" .

Semme

#138 Post by Semme »

So grab it manually. A quick Pfind for "libflashplayer.so" will tell you where to extract the new one.
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

Geoffrey

#139 Post by Geoffrey »

Or try the Adobe Flash Player Auto Updater
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=100523
[b]Carolina:[/b] [url=http://smokey01.com/carolina/pages/recent-repo.html]Recent Repository Additions[/url]
[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ahfade8q4def1lq/signbot.gif[/img]

Sailor Enceladus

#140 Post by Sailor Enceladus »

I think it would be better if getflash didn't fail completely and still let you pick one of the other 3 options if the newest isn't found. I normally use 10.3 anyway, but also have 23 beta laying around (link is here). Geoffrey's algorithm seems to find the latest 11.2 even when Adobe changes the url (which it seems to be doing a lot lately) so maybe that could be added too.

Mike Walsh

#141 Post by Mike Walsh »

Hi, Sailor.

To be perfectly honest, with Geoff's auto-updater it doesn't matter what version of FlashPlayer you've got installed; as long as you've got something for the script to check against & compare with, it'll always get you the up-to-date, current version. Simples!

It even offers you the current version of 11.2.202.xxx if you've got the beta of 23 installed.

And if you want 10.3, I believe there's a .pet for that one in Oscar's Smokey repo:-

http://smokey01.com/OscarTalks/

Grab yrself a copy and keep it somewhere safe; that way you've always got it handy.

------------------------------------

I've said it many times already, and I'll re-iterate it again; I hate having to use Adobe's players, of whatever flavour. But while there's still a multitude of sites that insist on using it, you don't have much option.

I think the funniest thing I actually came across the other day was a site that had a big banner at the top, saying 'If you insist on using that browser (IE, of course) on this site, don't expect to be able to navigate around the site. We loathe the way that Microsoft has attempted to manipulate the web for its own devices, so this is our way of saying f*** you, M$.'

Straight up, those were the exact words they used!

Anyway, I shall continue to try and make the use of PepperFlash as easy as I can for as many Puppy newcomers as possible (and even some of the less vocal 'regulars'). And Geoff's script does the same job for FlashPlayer.

There's no need to make things any more awkward than we have to..... :lol:

Mike. :wink:

Geoffrey

#142 Post by Geoffrey »

Run this in a terminal to get the latest flash download link

Code: Select all

wget -q -N -P /tmp/latest_flash_update adobe.com/software/flash/about/

LATEST_VERSION=`cat /tmp/latest_flash_update/index.html | grep -A2 Linux | grep [0-9] | awk -F '[><]' '{print $3}' | tr -d "\n"`

echo fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/"$LATEST_VERSION"/install_flash_player_11_linux.i386.tar.gz
[b]Carolina:[/b] [url=http://smokey01.com/carolina/pages/recent-repo.html]Recent Repository Additions[/url]

Sailor Enceladus

#143 Post by Sailor Enceladus »

Thanks Geoffrey. I hacked my getflash v1.5-6 with your url code into it and now it seems to work again. :D
Attachments
getflash.tar.gz
32-bit
(7.14 KiB) Downloaded 480 times

Geoffrey

#144 Post by Geoffrey »

Sailor Enceladus wrote:Thanks Geoffrey. I hacked my getflash v1.5-6 with your url code into it and now it seems to work again. :D
Had a look at the getflash script, this should work retrieving either the 32bit or 64bit version url

ARCH=$(uname -m)

case "$ARCH" in
 i?86) BIT="i386" ;;
 *64) BIT="x86_64" ;;
 *)exit 1 ;;
esac 
wget -q -N -P /tmp/latest_flash_update adobe.com/software/flash/about/

LATEST_VERSION=`cat /tmp/latest_flash_update/index.html | grep -A2 Linux | grep [0-9] | awk -F '[><]' '{print $3}' | tr -d "\n"`

echo fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/"$LATEST_VERSION"/install_flash_player_11_linux."$BIT".tar.gz

rerwin

getflash-1.6

#145 Post by rerwin »

Here is an updated getflash that uses Geoffrey's method of obtaining the flash player and adds ASRI's 64-bit old version. The updated configuration file is now /etc/getflash.conf. The configuration file update option is removed, at least until the file becomes supported similarly to the getflash-conf file.

It tested successfully in xenial, tahr pup and slacko, both 32- and 64-bit versions. And it works in Wary 5.5.

EDIT: It mostly works, too, in precise and lucid. But the older flashplayer versions cannot be accessed. However, I could make a separate package that would fix that, if there is any interest. I assume that the main use of getflash is to get the latest version of flashplayer.

Please report any problems or recommendations. Thanks.
Richard
Attachments
getflash-1.6.pet
Download and install latest and older versions of flashplayer.
For xenial, tahr, slacko, precise, lucid
(11.59 KiB) Downloaded 845 times
Last edited by rerwin on Sat 22 Oct 2016, 13:14, edited 4 times in total.

Sailor Enceladus

#146 Post by Sailor Enceladus »

Thanks a lot Geoffrey and rerwin. It's working great for me in Slacko 6.9.6.4. :)

Argolance

#147 Post by Argolance »

Deleted
Last edited by Argolance on Tue 01 Nov 2016, 19:55, edited 1 time in total.

csipesz

#148 Post by csipesz »

i'm sorry - not good one, which I wrote here,...
Currently the getflash 1.6 function properly.

Argolance

#149 Post by Argolance »

Bonjour,
Looking at the "Adobe Flash Player Auto Updater" created by Geoffrey on one hand, and the latest release of "GetFlashPlayer" by rerwin on the other (many thanks! :)), I was wondering if it could be convenient to merge them (more) in a single application to get the advantages of both...
So, I adapted the first one to a blinking systray notification icon (instead of the original GUI), that is displayed only if new FP version detected/available. Getflash can be executed by clicking on it. Then, I added a button to the second, allowing user to enable/disable this notification as well as, temporarily, a check box to download/install the latest beta FP version.
For more details, please look at :arrow: this thread on the French Forum.
Thanks for your attention.

Cordialement.
Attachments
getflash.gif
Blinking systray icon and message popup.
(45.63 KiB) Downloaded 826 times
Last edited by Argolance on Sat 17 Dec 2016, 18:26, edited 3 times in total.

Bud

#150 Post by Bud »

Just logged in to thank you very much Geoffrey and rerwin.

WFM on Slacko,

Woof :)

Bud

Bird Dog

getflash

#151 Post by Bird Dog »

Thanks Richard and Geoffrey the getflash update works great with tahrpup64-6.0.5 on my 6 core AMD.

Thanks
Bird Dog
Frugal Xenialpup 64, Bionicpup 64 save folder on core2 quad Q6600 2 gigs ram, AMD 6 core 4 gigs ram. Frugal Xenialpup 32, Bionicpup 32 save folder on P4 3.0 ghz 1 gig ram, Dell P4 Celeron 2.4 ghz 1 gig ram

Argolance

#152 Post by Argolance »

rerwin

#153 Post by rerwin »

Here is 1.6 updated for the 'npapi' change in the download URL.

The changes made are:

diff -r getflash-1.6/etc/getflash.conf getflash-1.6.1/etc/getflash.conf
2a3
> #161221 rerwin: update DOWNLOAD_URL for npapi
30c31
< DOWNLOAD_URL='fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/${FLASH_VERSION}/install_flash_player_11_linux.${INSTRUCTION_SET}.tar.gz'
---
> DOWNLOAD_URL='fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/${FLASH_VERSION}/flash_player_npapi_linux.${INSTRUCTION_SET}.tar.gz'
diff -r getflash-1.6/pet.specs getflash-1.6.1/pet.specs
1c1
< getflash-1.6|getflash|1.6||Internet|39K||getflash-1.6.pet||GetFlash - install Flashplayer||||
---
> getflash-1.6.1|getflash|1.6.1||Internet|41K||getflash-1.6.1.pet||GetFlash - install Flashplayer||||
diff -r getflash-1.6/usr/sbin/getflash getflash-1.6.1/usr/sbin/getflash
20a21
> #161221 v1.6.1 rerwin: update for new version not 11; use only https URL
22c23
< AppVersion=1.6
---
> AppVersion=1.6.1
299c300
<       _V11X="flashplayer11-$NEWVERSION-$INSTRUCTION_SET ($NEWMB) - $(gettext "Latest version available")"
---
>       _V11X="flashplayer-$NEWVERSION-$INSTRUCTION_SET ($NEWMB) - $(gettext "Latest version available")" #161221
356,360c357
<        if [ "$(echo -n "$DOWNLOADURL" | grep 'https')" == "" ];then #150305
<         echo -e "#!/bin/sh\nwget -O - $DOWNLOADURL | tar --no-same-owner -xz" > /tmp/delayedrun_flashdl
<        else
<         echo -e "#!/bin/sh\nwget --no-check-certificate -O - $DOWNLOADURL | tar --no-same-owner -xz" > /tmp/delayedrun_flashdl
<        fi
---
>        echo -e "#!/bin/sh\nwget --no-check-certificate -O - $DOWNLOADURL | tar --no-same-owner -xz" > /tmp/delayedrun_flashdl #161221
Update 12/29/16: Re-uploaded the package after download #97, to remove the unintended file, /etc/getflash.conf.old, which did no harm but was clutter.
Attachments
getflash-1.6.1.pet
Download URL updated
(11.6 KiB) Downloaded 1045 times

rerwin

getflash-1.7

#154 Post by rerwin »

The getflash 1.6 versions are based on shinobar's version 1.5-6, which does not have the auto update feature introduced in 1.5-7. Version 1.5-8 contains small internal changes but is available only in woofCE, apparently never released as a .pet. Version 1.7 combines the 1.5-8 features with the change in the method of accessing Flash packages from Adobe provided by 1.6.1.

The new version of getflash looks about the same as 1.5-7 but omits the button that updates the configuration file from the internet. That source of the file has not kept up with the recent changes by Adobe and conflicts with the (Geoffrey's) new way of obtaining the Flash packages. The functionality is the same as in version 1.6.1 but restores the option to check for flash updates at boot-up time. (It has been submitted to woofCE.)

EDIT: Re-uploaded the package after download #3 to correct a bug in the updating of the user-installed-packages list.

The bug would lose the entry for any still-loaded flash packages, making them impossible to uninstall. However, uninstalling any flash package would actually uninstall the plugins of all installed flash packages. So, old flash packages should be uninstalled before adding a new one. Otherwise, just leave them in place, as the plugin got replaced with the new one, anyway.
Attachments
getflash-1.7.pet
Up-to-date getflash with auto-update feature restored
(14.5 KiB) Downloaded 1145 times
Last edited by rerwin on Sun 05 Feb 2017, 23:31, edited 3 times in total.

Sailor Enceladus

#155 Post by Sailor Enceladus »

Thanks rerwin. Downloaded 24.0.0.194 with the getflash-1.7 pet in Slacko 6.9.6.4 32-bit then I restarted Firefox and tried a Facebook game and it's working.