Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 01 Oct 2014, 16:24
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
GetFlash install Flashplayer
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 3 of 5 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Author Message
Semme

Joined: 07 Aug 2011
Posts: 3938
Location: World_Hub

PostPosted: Mon 28 Jan 2013, 21:15    Post_subject:  

Where is this guy? Laughing He?.. keeps run'n away.. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
Semme

Joined: 07 Aug 2011
Posts: 3938
Location: World_Hub

PostPosted: Mon 28 Jan 2013, 21:30    Post_subject:  

Hey Sheldon- got something on your mind? Don't hesitate to ask. There's plenty Wink I don't know..
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
Semme

Joined: 07 Aug 2011
Posts: 3938
Location: World_Hub

PostPosted: Mon 28 Jan 2013, 22:02    Post_subject:  

I got your pm. Disable JS, or.. dump your browsers cache. Then try'n post..
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
sheldonisaac

Joined: 21 Jun 2009
Posts: 420
Location: Philadelphia, PA

PostPosted: Mon 28 Jan 2013, 22:11    Post_subject:  

Semme wrote:
I got your pm. Disable JS, or.. dump your browsers cache. Then try'n post..


File /usr/lib/kde4/kcm_adobe_flash_player.so has these missing library files:
libkdeui.so.5 libkutils.so.4 libkdecore.so.5 libQtDBus.so.4 libQtCore.so.4 libQtSvg.so.4 libQtGui.so.4

also gtkdialog4 ??

a mystery

I have to quit for a while.

Thank you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
Semme

Joined: 07 Aug 2011
Posts: 3938
Location: World_Hub

PostPosted: Mon 28 Jan 2013, 22:22    Post_subject:  

Sheldon, backtrack a few posts and search for what I asked- libflashplayer.so.

You might also respond to why you run an sfs browser.. Short on disk space?

I'd much prefer to rely on myself and run the latest. 5.28's Wink easy..
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
sheldonisaac

Joined: 21 Jun 2009
Posts: 420
Location: Philadelphia, PA

PostPosted: Mon 28 Jan 2013, 22:29    Post_subject: flashplayer help  

Semme wrote:
Sheldon, backtrack a few posts and search for what I asked- libflashplayer.so.

~> find / -name libflashplayer.so
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
/initrd/pup_rw/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
/initrd/pup_rw/opt/opera/lib/opera/plugins/libflashplayer.so
/mnt/sda5/libflashplayer.so
/opt/opera/lib/opera/plugins/libflashplayer.so
~>
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
Semme

Joined: 07 Aug 2011
Posts: 3938
Location: World_Hub

PostPosted: Mon 28 Jan 2013, 22:32    Post_subject:  

OK, should be the first. Now- can you answer the rest of these?

Up.. we're addressing an sfs Opera.. Perhaps sites read flashplayer from /initrd/pup_rw/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/?

You could tell if you had different versions in each, then see what Adobes`site says..

Then again- you could temporarily yank the file..
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
sheldonisaac

Joined: 21 Jun 2009
Posts: 420
Location: Philadelphia, PA

PostPosted: Mon 28 Jan 2013, 22:46    Post_subject:  

Semme wrote:
OK, should be the first. Now- can you answer the rest of these?

Up.. we're addressing an sfs Opera.. Perhaps sites read flashplayer from /initrd/pup_rw/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/?

You could tell if you had different versions in each, then see what Adobes`site says..

Then again- you could temporarily yank the file..


Opera 12.02 , the sfs that terryphi posted a few months ago

I have to quit for tonight.

thanks again
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
Terryphi


Joined: 02 Jul 2008
Posts: 762
Location: West Wales, Britain.

PostPosted: Tue 29 Jan 2013, 02:34    Post_subject:  

In order for the flashplayer plugin to work with Opera it requires certain Mozilla libraries:

libnspr4.so
libnss3.so
libnssutil3.so
libplc4.so
libplds4.so
libsmime3.so
libsll3.so

Opera looks for these libraries in /usr/lib but in Racy, Wary, etc these are located in /usr/lib/seamonkey. Therefore, it is necessary to have symlinks in /usr/lib pointing to these libraries in /usr/lib/seamonkey.

The current version of Opera is 12.12 but 12.13 will be out soon.

_________________
Classic Opera 12.16 browser SFS package for Precise, Slacko, Racy, Wary, Lucid, Quirky, etc available here Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message Visit_website 
Semme

Joined: 07 Aug 2011
Posts: 3938
Location: World_Hub

PostPosted: Tue 29 Jan 2013, 08:14    Post_subject:  

OK, now I'm curious. Hey Sheldon, dump this command when you get a chance..
Code:
ldd /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so

Though I'm not certain which one it's looking at. Guessing the first..

Otherwise..
Code:
ldd /initrd/pup_rw/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so

Do either of these report any *not founds*?

Ah- "about:plugins" says it's the first.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
sheldonisaac

Joined: 21 Jun 2009
Posts: 420
Location: Philadelphia, PA

PostPosted: Tue 29 Jan 2013, 08:53    Post_subject: Flashplayer problem  

Terryphi wrote:
In order for the flashplayer plugin to work with Opera it requires certain Mozilla libraries:

libnspr4.so
libnss3.so
libnssutil3.so
libplc4.so
libplds4.so
libsmime3.so
libsll3.so

Opera looks for these libraries in /usr/lib but in Racy, Wary, etc these are located in /usr/lib/seamonkey. Therefore, it is necessary to have symlinks in /usr/lib pointing to these libraries in /usr/lib/seamonkey.

The current version of Opera is 12.12 but 12.13 will be out soon.

Thank you, Terryphi. I don't have Seamonkey.
Semme PMed me a link to a file at Adobe's site, will try that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
Semme

Joined: 07 Aug 2011
Posts: 3938
Location: World_Hub

PostPosted: Tue 29 Jan 2013, 08:58    Post_subject:  

Sheldon, run the first command I just posted. It's possible they're on your system, but need symlinks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
sheldonisaac

Joined: 21 Jun 2009
Posts: 420
Location: Philadelphia, PA

PostPosted: Tue 29 Jan 2013, 09:07    Post_subject:  

Semme wrote:
OK, now I'm curious. Hey Sheldon, dump this command when you get a chance..
Code:
ldd /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so

Though I'm not certain which one it's looking at. Guessing the first..

Otherwise..
Code:
ldd /initrd/pup_rw/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so

Do either of these report any *not founds*?

Ah- "about:plugins" says it's the first.


Nope, there weren't any *not founds* from executing the first command line.

As of last night, and now, I'm not sure what flashplayer and associated stuff is installed. At least the .so is
-rw-rw-r-- 1 501 guest 12537796 2011-06-21 19:26 /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so

I will go get the file you indicated in your PM.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
Semme

Joined: 07 Aug 2011
Posts: 3938
Location: World_Hub

PostPosted: Tue 29 Jan 2013, 09:10    Post_subject:  

Good. After the dwnld, extract ONLY the top listed file >> libflashplayer.so.

When it asks to where, you point it towards /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins.. effectively overwriting the old, or, non-working one.

Then go here (JS enabled) and report back the version- hopefully Razz working.

Then we'll hook you up with Terrys`12.12 build..
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
sheldonisaac

Joined: 21 Jun 2009
Posts: 420
Location: Philadelphia, PA

PostPosted: Tue 29 Jan 2013, 10:50    Post_subject: flashplayer stuff  

Semme wrote:
Good. After the dwnld, extract ONLY the top listed file >> libflashplayer.so.

When it asks to where, you point it towards /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins.. effectively overwriting the old, or, non-working one.

Then go here (JS enabled) and report back the version- hopefully Razz working.

Then we'll hook you up with Terrys`12.12 build..


I wanted to do that after booting with a fresh savefile.
But had a lot of trouble doing the latter..
Eventually did boot with a fresh savefile.
Set the opera sfs to be loaded at boot.

Extracted the libflashplayer.so as you said.

It shows up in Opera's plugins

(I have to shut down Opera briefly - will edit soon)

The Adobe link says 10.3.183.50
but with commas rather than periods.

I'll try a video .. Yes, it works!
MANY THANKS!

Edited_time_total
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 3 of 5 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.0801s ][ Queries: 12 (0.0075s) ][ GZIP on ]