LazY Puppy 2.0.2 Final - a Paradise Puppy

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
ICPUG

#526 Post by ICPUG »

The download was about 20mins for me. It was not going as fast as my connection allows but good enough. The md5 checked out so the download was OK.

Thanks for perservering with getting it uploaded, RSH.

If there are future builds to upload it may be worth thinking of splitting the iso up into chunks of a size that smokey can cope with and we can download it as a zip or rar library that reconstiitues the single file on extraction. I don't know how to split a file like this but have seen it done with other big files offered for download. It would save you some € too.

Now to have a look at this pup ...

puppytutorial

#527 Post by puppytutorial »

Hi.

After some strange differences in the German forum between mainly my person and a few German forum members, I have made a decision that unfortunately will involve any other Users of LazY Puppy - even new Users, if there would have been some.

I don't want to work for such guys even if they would pay me 50,- Euro per hour, and so, I don't want to work for them unpaid and unappreciated.

That's why I have decide to remove all LazY Puppy files from my account at smokey01.com. I'm sorry for all who will miss now LazY Puppy - your credits are going to those German users.

I will not come back!

Btw.: I'm logged in as puppytutorial, which is a free login-user-option in the German forum, because I have changed my forums password in a non reproducible way, so I can't log in as RSH anymore.

Bye,

RSH

P.S.

No, I will not remove my applications, attached to the forum ! ! ! They are all free to grab, modify and to re-publish, if you like to do so.

Eyes-Only

#528 Post by Eyes-Only »

I'm really very sorry to have read all of this RSH... I very truly am! :cry: I have really come to enjoy your postings around here on the forum, your very unique insight into solutions and problems that many had with various puplets and programmes - and I always appreciated your help, wisdom, and true dedication to the Puppy Community at large.

Yes, the Community will be suffering a very great loss with your departure.

Are you sure that this is a situation that cannot be resolved by perhaps sitting back from the computer ( a metaphor for "all things pertaining to Puppy" ) for a week or two, if not more in order for a "cooling off period" to ensue? Sometimes this permits the mind to clear and allows us to realise that in the larger scheme of things such problems are truly minor when compared to the true goodness of Puppy globally and how much any and all efforts towards that means/end are appreciated?

I have found this to be true in my case every time no matter how severe I believed the transgression to be at the moment. And I say this because I truly hate to see a valued member such as yourself who contributed so much to be lost. :cry: This was the German forum? Then why make the majority of we who speak French & English and use Puppy suffer? - or the future generations who would find such work valuable and now won't have a clue because it will over time fall by the wayside?

I guess I've spoken my two pieces of wampum. In case what I have said doesn't change your mind RSH then it has been a pleasure knowing you, gaining further insight into Puppy from reading your threads, and enjoying using your programmes, etc. I wish you much luck in the future my fellow Puppian friend!

Cheers/Mazzel/Amicalement,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge d'Acadie"
*~*~*~*~*~*
Proud user of LXpup and 3-Headed Dog. 8)
*~*~*~*~*~*

backi

#529 Post by backi »

Hi RHS !

I do not know what happened . .... but sounds sad ..-

I appreciated your " non linear " style and a few of your cool apps and clever insights ... your are a talented guy ...

sounds sad to me ..... please !...." don`t leave us this way " ....

Hope to see you further here on puppy !

Regards backi !

ASRI éducation

#530 Post by ASRI éducation »

I agree with Eyes-Only and backi.
I don't know/understand what happened, but I know that your scripts are appreciated by many users.
I hope that your absence will only be temporary.

Cordialement

Arefacti

#531 Post by Arefacti »

Chez moi on dit :

personne n'est indispensable, et si quelqu'un veut partir, qu'il le fasse !
bonne route ! :wink:

antilet

#532 Post by antilet »

As his posting may suggest, he's a victim - he's surely not.
He named other users crackpot and to be stupid, and posted infos other users gave him by PM in confidence.
He may be a very talented guy but he really lacks a good and social behavior.
As you may have noticed, he deleted all the files as a punishment for the evil, evil guys, who not wanted to sing a big glory to HIM.

...just to put it in the right light...
[color=blue][size=75]Toshiba Satallite M30X-124 | ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 | Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG
Most Linux need special boot options to boot on this laptop: i8042.nomux=1 highres=off nohz=off irqpoll[/size][/color]

ASRI éducation

#533 Post by ASRI éducation »

@ antilet
Do you have a link to a thread that will allow us to better understand the situation?

antilet

#534 Post by antilet »

ASRI éducation wrote:@ antilet
Do you have a link to a thread that will allow us to better understand the situation?
Here's the link with the mentioned Posts. It's all in german.
I'm not sure if this is helpful for understanding...
[color=blue][size=75]Toshiba Satallite M30X-124 | ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 | Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG
Most Linux need special boot options to boot on this laptop: i8042.nomux=1 highres=off nohz=off irqpoll[/size][/color]

ASRI éducation

#535 Post by ASRI éducation »

@ antilet
Thank you for the link.

backi

#536 Post by backi »

Hi !

Wrote the link !

Ask myself why everyone is so overreactive .Why so serious ?

Hey you guys.. cool down ..
Live is really short .A little bit of humor make things sweeter .

Arefacti

#537 Post by Arefacti »

let him go if he wants..

Pelo

Lazy Puppy Based Lucid 528

#538 Post by Pelo »

That is the reason Why.... I cannot connect Wireless.
I am connected with Ethernet.
I go to Youtube to see If i have sound Working
I come back
Sound is OK.
I am looking for a database, a pretty one, to make Industrial machine files, with a Picture
I am trying it with Tellico, found in LegacyOs. I was believing that Tellico was In Lazy Puppy too. No.
Can I find something similar in Lazy Puppy.
Would LP fit all my needs ? I hope so.
Have a nice day
Pelo
Attachments
Perceuse.png
Something Like that, not a movie or a music album, a machine, simply a machine.
(86.75 KiB) Downloaded 344 times
TELLICO Legacy.jpg
Tellico dont really is what I want, I want a topography of a machine with a picture of IT.
(45.81 KiB) Downloaded 511 times

greengeek

#539 Post by greengeek »

Hi RSH/puppytutorial,

I am sorry to see you go, and I hope you can come back to help us again sometime in the future.

I really wanted to put LazY to use on a full-featured music PC for my son to use but I was too slow to keep up with your fast development (and the language barrier held me back too...). What you have achieved is an awesome piece of work.

I suspect there are many others who, like me, were waiting for "the final english version". Anyway, thanks for the great amount you achieved!

greengeek

Re: Lazy Puppy Based Lucid 528

#540 Post by greengeek »

Pelo wrote:I am trying it with Tellico, found in LegacyOs. I was believing that Tellico was In Lazy Puppy too. No.
Can I find something similar in Lazy Puppy.
Pelo: it looks like Lucastar and kooliepup are into that kind of thing. Did you see this post: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=78439Maybe it's worth PMing them?

nooby

#541 Post by nooby »

old text that is not true anymore. Teh iso is now
where RSH tells you. Look further down or first post
Last edited by nooby on Sat 02 Mar 2013, 14:46, edited 1 time in total.
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

der-schutzhund

update and bugfix for variomenu

#542 Post by der-schutzhund »

R-S-H

LazY Puppy 2.0.2-005 Development finished

#543 Post by R-S-H »

Ok,

all files are again available to download.

All Links are reactivated!

Development of LazY Puppy 2.0.2 is now finished - Build 0.0.5!

I'm still working on LazY Puppy 3 (108 MB ISO), but this one might never been published (if I don't find translators for French and Spanish Languages).

Eyes-Only

#544 Post by Eyes-Only »

I'm glad to see you back RSH and that you are back to developing your LazyPup, etc. You were missed on the forum. I hope that from here on out it will be smooth sailing and that all will go well. Many of us appreciate the work that you do for the Puppy Community - unfortunately we don't express this thanks nearly often enough ( if at all for that matter ) so that development work can oft-times seem to be a very thankless job. Just forge ahead realising that many truly do appreciate your efforts - as well as the efforts of other contributors to Puppy - even if they fail to express that thanks.

Well... I guess this ol' Native American has said more than his two pieces of wampum. lol!

Once again: Good to have you back RSH! 8)

Cheers/Amicalement,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge d'Acadie"
*~*~*~*~*~*
Proud user of LXpup and 3-Headed Dog. 8)
*~*~*~*~*~*

greengeek

#545 Post by greengeek »

Thanks RSH - It looks excellent. I have downloaded 202en005 and am trying it live. I was able to connect to my wifi without problems, but when I try to use firefox or seamonkey it attempts to download them, appears to be successful (I can watch the byte count increasing in the console display), then says that it "failed to download them from the web".

Do I need to install first or should this work live too?