Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat 25 Oct 2014, 07:28
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » REQUESTS
New usb drive icons for Wary Puppy 5.2x --Solved
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
Monsie

PostPosted: Tue 27 Dec 2011, 02:01    Post_subject:  New usb drive icons for Wary Puppy 5.2x --Solved  

Hi all,

Since upgrading to Wary Puppy 5.2.2 from 5.14 I've noticed that the usb drive icons are identical to the hard drive icons in the default LaGaBluenight theme. Would someone with graphics design talent be willing to create a set of usb drive icons that fits the default theme? I know little about graphics design otherwise I would try it myself, but judging from some of the artwork that I've seen in the forum, I know there are some very capable artists out there. The default theme needs four new icons in png format: unmounted 24x24, unmounted 48x48, mounted 48x48, and mounted boot drive 48x48.

In the meantime, I've gone to http://findicons.com/search/usb-pendrive and downloaded a couple of usb drive icons and while they look okay, it would be very nice to have a new set of icons that fit the default design. I'm attaching a screenshot of my Wary Puppy desktop to show you what it looks like for now.

I understand it is the holiday season and that people have lives to live (including myself), and as this is not an urgent matter, I am not expecting that anyone will rush into this...

Cheers,
Monsie
blue xmas.jpg
Description 
jpg

Download 
Filename  blue xmas.jpg 
Filesize  84.33 KB 
Downloaded  250 Time(s) 

Edited_time_total
starhawk

PostPosted: Sat 15 Sep 2012, 12:10    Post_subject:  

FINALLY FULFILLED! Very Happy

Monsie contacted me and asked me to get this happening for him. I did, and he seems quite pleased with the results.

So here they are.

I've done one thing which Monsie did NOT ask me for... I took the original LaGaDesk-Bluenight iconset *.pet file, and stuck my icons in there. So there is now a PET package version as well! (I really hope it works -- I've not had much luck with these things in the past...)

I'm going to put a post in the iconset thread as well.
Bluenight-USB.tar.gz
Description  Tarball of the two new icons, and nothing else.
gz

Download 
Filename  Bluenight-USB.tar.gz 
Filesize  7.57 KB 
Downloaded  150 Time(s) 
LaGaDesk-Bluenight-starhawk.pet
Description  Iconset PET pkg -- I really hope this actually works...
pet

Download 
Filename  LaGaDesk-Bluenight-starhawk.pet 
Filesize  171 KB 
Downloaded  170 Time(s) 

Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » REQUESTS
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum