SFS Module Loading -> Don't work?

Booting, installing, newbie
Kirsten-Duarte

SFS Module Loading -> Don't work?

#1 Post by Kirsten-Duarte »

This odd issue has been bugging me for quite some time now, I want to resume development of my Isys/305 project... but here is the thing:

I tell Puppy to load the eee_devx_504.sfs3.sfs and the Virtualbox-4.1.8-sfs3.sfs but once I reboot, it doesn't have loaded, while it is listed in the Bootmanager SFS files.

When I type Make or GCC it says: bash: make: command not found

Or the Virtualbox doesn't appear in the menu list either, thus for short it hasn't loaded.

Can anyone tell me what the issue is?

Thank you in advance!

Sincerely,
Kirsten-Duarte.

P.S. You haven't heard from me for a long time, that is basically because I gave up the projects due to the issues I am dealing with (technical issues and the filesystem that acts weird.)

Semme

#2 Post by Semme »

Hi Kirsten, this is Puppeee- right? Were those pkgs dwnldd to their proper location?

Have you got one of these in your menu?

Kirsten-Duarte

#3 Post by Kirsten-Duarte »

It also says Kernel Modules are not being loaded and I need to reinstall Zdrv?

Can someone advice me on this>

Karl Godt

#4 Post by Karl Godt »

Are you sure about having the need for sfs version 3 ?

I haven't read much about your project , just remember you want to translate the kernel to dutch language ?

The kernel messages to the syslog or the documentation ?

The kernel driver for squashfs supports since roundabout kernel 2.6.27 to 2.6.29 version squashfs 4, it is not implemented in the driver to support different versions , though it might be possible to rename the source directory to squashfs4 and copy a former source into it and alter the appropriate Kconfig files to show in the make menuconfig and also the Makefile[.in] to build two drivers .