Request for 'How To' for Woof2

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
NathanO

Request for 'How To' for Woof2

#1 Post by NathanO »

At computer shows for a number of years now we have shown Puppy to people. A number of them return to learn more about Puppy or to learn about other versions of Linux.

Quite often we get questions about 'building my own Puppy'. I would like some help from those of you who have worked with Woof2 to put together a 'How To' for Woof2 that we can work on here and then put in the How To section of the Forum once it is ready to go. This would be the beginning of something similar to what Linux From Scratch has.

The 'How To' should have:

Set up a Directory
Down load this group of files from this / these location[s], include any 'Manual' available
Do the following to build your first Puppy
Create the CD
Trouble shooting and common problems you could run in to
How to deal with Data Files that you do not want as part of a 'Remaster' but want on your Portable Hard Drive / USB Stick / SDHC Card

Then we could follow that, once more similar to Linux From Scratch, with an advanced section of the 'How To' with helpful hints on common items and how the can be made to work with your version of Puppy:

WINE
Virtual Box
QT
others

Once more, I would like the 'build' section of the 'How To' and it's additional add on sections to happen here, be tested, and THEN put in the How To section of the Forum.

vovchik

#2 Post by vovchik »

Dear NathanO,

I agree fully. I would also like to know how to use Woof2. Any offers good people?

With kind regards,
vovchik

Terryphi

#3 Post by Terryphi »

It may be a good idea to ask Barry to update this page with Woof2:

http://bkhome.org/woof/index.html
[b]Classic Opera 12.16 browser SFS package[/b] for Precise, Slacko, Racy, Wary, Lucid, etc available[url=http://terryphillips.org.uk/operasfs.htm]here[/url] :)