display issues using jack in puppy studio 3.3

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
CraigPid

display issues using jack in puppy studio 3.3

#1 Post by CraigPid »

I wonder if anyone has come across this.In the connections window for Jack in Puppy Studio 3.3, when I click on an item,the entire side of the window goes black.I then have to drag my mouse around it & click on stuff as if I'm erasing theblack.I'm using an ati hd 4650 agp.Haven't had any problems with it in other versions of puppy.I tried the fglrx driver & there was even worse issues.With the default driver that xorg uses there's just that issue.I'm not too concerned about video in this pup as it's for audio recording but this is quite an annoyance as Jack is kind of the hub of the whole operation.Has anyone ever seen something like this?????

Thanks

Tman

#2 Post by Tman »

Yes, the problem is that you need the devx and kernel sources in order to compile a video driver for ATI or Nvidia. Intel card can use the Xorg-High driver from the lucid repo.

CraigPid

#3 Post by CraigPid »

Thanks for the response.I don't really think this is a video driver issue.I use this same machine with the same drivers for the latest ver of slacko puppy & I've also tried lucid.I have no issues with the video drivers.Puppy studio is based on lucid with a real time kernal compiled to stream audio in real time so as to record with almost 0 latency.The problem I'm having is in the connections module of Jack.Only in this one window.More specifically the program is QJackctl,the graphical interface for Jack.I haven't seen this occur in any other programs or even any other modules of Jack.
Craig