how to rip DVD to hard drive?

Using applications, configuring, problems
smokey01

Re: dcfldd

#46 Post by smokey01 »

GaRailroader wrote:Smokey01:

Re: my post on top of page #2. I believe the reason why the CopyDVD utility is not working on my 5.28 install is due to not having dcfldd. I got the vobcopy portion to work somewhat but haven't yet figured out how to get dcfldd installed.

GaRailroader
GaRailroader the file dcfldd is included in the pet.

gcmartin

#47 Post by gcmartin »

Questions
  • Does the last 2 post mean that CopyDVD utility will or will not work on latest Puppy 528R5?
  • Is 528R5 missing something?
This is a great thread for techniques.

Can anyone recommend a tool (or location discussing)l to combine 2 mp4 videios files from my camera? <A recommendation was given by Smokey01>

Thanks.
Edited and changed - 2012-04-10
Last edited by gcmartin on Tue 10 Apr 2012, 19:59, edited 4 times in total.

smokey01

#48 Post by smokey01 »

gcmartin wrote:Does the last 2 post mean that CopyDVD utility will or will not work of latest Puppy 528R5? Is 528R5 missing something?

This is a great thread for techniques.

Can anyone recommend a tool (or location discussing)l to combine 2 mp4 videios files from my camera?

Thanks.
Openshot video editor works well.

trapster

#49 Post by trapster »

Code: Select all

mencoder file1.mp4 file2.mp4 -ovc copy -oac copy -of lavf format=mp4 -o output.mp4
trapster
Maine, USA

Asus eeepc 1005HA PU1X-BK
Frugal install: Slacko
Currently using full install: DebianDog

Les Kerf

#50 Post by Les Kerf »

trapster wrote:

Code: Select all

mencoder file1.mp4 file2.mp4 -ovc copy -oac copy -of lavf format=mp4 -o output.mp4
Could someone please elaborate on this?
Thanks,
Les

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#51 Post by Flash »

Just guessing, but it looks like it's telling mencoder to take two video files, file1.mp4 and file2.mp4, and combine them into one file: output.mp4. Is that what you meant?

Of course, if you don't have mencoder installed it won't do anything, and I don't know where you can find mencoder. :(

Karl Godt

#52 Post by Karl Godt »

Flash :
Perhaps read this :

Compiling mplayer and ffmpeg http://bkhome.org/blog/?viewDetailed=02064

Reading the comments you'll find mencoder mentioned .

[ ldd /usr/local/bin/mencoder : not a dynamic executable ]
«Give me GUI or Death» -- I give you [[Xx]term[inal]] [[Cc]on[s][ole]] .
Macpup user since 2010 on full installations.
People who want problems with Puppy boot frugal :P

Les Kerf

#53 Post by Les Kerf »

Thanks for the replies.
I have been trying to learn how to do various things in Puppy, and have done quite a bit of searching and reading.

I thought perhaps that trapster had posted some magical command line code that accomplished everything in one fell swoop.

Probably best that I ignore it.
Thanks again,
Les

chrome307

#54 Post by chrome307 »

gcmartin

Video processing in Puppy Linux

#55 Post by gcmartin »

With Camera recording technology showing up on all kinds of platforms, it would certainly be of great use to the many/most of us who are Puppy users. If you have a cell phone, you have a camera. If you have a xPad, you have a camera. If you have one of the SmartTVs, you have a camera. I f you have a security cam at home/office, or a dask-cam or a bird-watch...

We should/could have a tool for combining videos as a part of our OOTB video experience. This help those who started and stop capture as a part of a ceremony/banquet/party/etc.

I think we see yet another feature that would make Puppy even more attractive to any user who comes to a PUP platform.

If this is already built-in to some PUP please advise. OR if there is a PET which makes combining videos simple or in a Form (GUI), I would like that advice.

Thanks for current efforts of steering.