GTK3 ALPHA Classic Pup 2.14X bleeding edge version

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
ttuuxxx

#31 Post by ttuuxxx »

Thanks for all the praise guys, I'll keep moving forward with the gtk3 2.14X version. I'll try to get some of it done this weekend :)
ttuuxxx
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games :)

Aitch

#32 Post by Aitch »

Hi ttuuxxx
I've only just come across this thread, but my current machine is a supermicro server with twin xeons and scsi hdd
Is there a possibility of a scsi enabled kernel version...there is so little scsi support by puppy these days, and slacko is my current....
thanks

btw, don't despair....2.14X is way ahead in many respects, even without gtk3, and my old T30 IBM lappy runs really well with it, where others struggle...thanks

Edit: request made in 214X main thread, ta!

Aitch :)
Last edited by Aitch on Sun 11 Mar 2012, 20:46, edited 1 time in total.

James C

#33 Post by James C »

Still experimenting with this in between testing all the other releases. :lol: Haven't done an exhaustive check but after installing the theme engines mentioned earlier there seems to be a little progress.

Installed your SeaMonkey 2.3.3 pet (since updated to 2.7.2) ..... had to edit the desktop file because the exec line was using seamonkey-2.3.3 as the directory but in reality it was just seamonkey.Simple edit.
Still running Top 9 on my old P3 like always and trying to move over to Top 10.

zekebaby

Missing files when searching for backgrounds

#34 Post by zekebaby »

First off, thanks for taking the effort; there are more users of this pup than you think.

I did a fresh frugal install on my trusty Toughbook CF-T2 and noticed a small issue with setting the background image. The GUI does not seem to pick up all files in the backgrounds directory; it just lists the non-JPG files.

I haven't tried the last few versions of 214X so I don't know if this is a bug only in the GTK3 version, or if it's also in mainstream Top10.

Keep up the good work!

wanderer

#35 Post by wanderer »

hey ttuuxx

thanks for continuing to work on 214x
in my opinion its the best pup ever
what you are doing now is just what i was hoping for
but please take it easy
no rush
you have already done far too much for all of us to digest

wanderer
Last edited by wanderer on Sat 26 Apr 2014, 03:28, edited 1 time in total.

starhawk

#36 Post by starhawk »

Hey ttuuxxx -- you like working with old Pups and old computers?

I've noticed an influx of folks looking for something to run on their K6-2 boxes. Someone gave me a Compaq Notebook 100 and now I'm one of 'em...

You up for a challenge? I'd like to see a Puppy created with no i686 code at all -- everything i586 or below. Needs to run on really old crappy systems, too -- assume 128mb RAM *at most*. But at the same time, I'd like to see it run some modern stuff. Not necessarily eg Chromium 34 or whatever the latest is, but something fairly newish.

Can you do it? Will you do it? I'd be forever thankful if you could/would... ;)

Pelo

My video about famous puppies in the past

#37 Post by Pelo »

My video about famous puppies in the past Is not really a success !
Even Pup2.14x. Common everybody, Don't wait and see ! You will learn french by the same :twisted:
TheRaby2011 is the address.
[url=ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyfHcV0S6tU]Puppy 2.14x III[/url]