Musings on Puppylinux

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
ndujoe1

Musings on Puppylinux

#1 Post by ndujoe1 »

I have been using Puppylinux since 1.08rl. I am currently using Puppex Tahr64 6.05 which works fine.

I think the Puppy community should bring some order to the many flavors of Puppylinux out there. Certainly Linux is an open source function which is good.

However the Puppylinux development tree is getting large and this will confuse new users imo.

Because of cpu changes and usage focus on the 64 bit set is warranted.

Also development for using puppy on a touchscreen laptop and or tablet is desireable too at this point in time.

What say you all?

darkcity

#2 Post by darkcity »

Woof CE allows Puppy builders to co-ordinate their efforts, although it its reportedly tricky to use. There are still 'official' puppy variants. The homepage (.com) has been revamped making it relatively easy for newcomers:

http://puppylinux.com/

Not sure where development is at with Puppy on ARM and touch interface.

Atle

#3 Post by Atle »

the new page look great... But I am missing the versions with Windows installer at first glance...

I feel lots of the good work that are done here is never presented or bought out, such as the windows installer feature...

Sailor Enceladus

#4 Post by Sailor Enceladus »

Atle wrote:the new page look great... But I am missing the versions with Windows installer at first glance...

I feel lots of the good work that are done here is never presented or bought out, such as the windows installer feature...
Does it work with Windows 8 and 10? If not, that's probably why it's not mentioned any more. People might rage that it broke their Windows and call Puppy the spawn of satan or something, even though it's Windows 8 and 10 that broke everything with their Secure Boot and UEFI garbage. Bill Gates is gone, and made his billions, why is MS still around? Probably Bill didn't close shop because he is still getting a % of the total $$$ while doing nothing except the charity thing so he can pay less taxes - lol.