Scan for networks with Verizon MIFI 4G in Slacko - Solved

Frustrated

Scan for networks with Verizon MIFI 4G in Slacko - Solved

#1 Post by Frustrated »

I have a simple question. I'm a newbie to Slacko and technically challenged so need an easy answer to what should be an easy question. In Ubuntu, Windows, Mac--I can click on one button and all available wireless networks will pop up and I can choose the one I want to use...usually my MIFI but at other times other networks in the area (like a Starbucks, etc) . But in Slacko all I get are all the options for configuring a modem, phone numbers, etc. I don't need any of that. My MIFI is configured and works with Ubuntu on my computer, my wife's computer and even our Canon printer.

I have spent hours searching this forum for an answer but seem to be missing it.

Thanks for what I hope is an easy answer.
Last edited by Frustrated on Tue 21 Feb 2012, 16:56, edited 1 time in total.

Aitch

#2 Post by Aitch »

Go to menu/setup/internet connection wizard/internet by wired or wireless lan...then use
1) simple network setup for auto configuration
2) choose to install frisbee for similar auto configuration, , or
3) use the 'dougal' network wizard and select scan, if your mifi driver is loaded, or setup manually

It may not be a one-button solution, but it works well when you get the hang of it - remembering to use security settings/passphrase as required

Aitch :)

Frustrated

#3 Post by Frustrated »

THANKS! That is exactly what I needed. Frisbee worked like a charm. And so is Puppy. I'm using an old computer primarily for the internet and when I downloaded the new version of Ubuntu it slowed the computer down to a crawl, especially with heavy graphics displays. Windows totally crashes. Slacko is working very fast.
Thanks again.

Aitch

#4 Post by Aitch »

You're welcome
Can I ask you to edit your 1st post subject line by adding 'Solved' ?
Edit button top r/h/s of that post, thanks

enjoy

Aitch :)