Where's the record source for mhWaveEdit? (Solved)

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
killer290847985

Where's the record source for mhWaveEdit? (Solved)

#1 Post by killer290847985 »

it's a great application and such... but right now I wanted to revive my eeepc 701 to be some kind of MPC for music sampling and production, so i connected my cd player to the mic jack.. there's no selecting rec source in the app (same goes for the Precord app, it's got weird checkboxes but who knows what'll happen? it doesn't work)

So what i'm thinking is happening is that the mhwaveedit will still try to record from the outside mic?
And I would've tried recording from inside renoise but then i'd have to go and unplug & move my lcd monitor too.. just for some 5 sec. samples...

darkcity

#2 Post by darkcity »

Hello killer,

Have you tried using ALSA mixer or RetroVol to set capture levels?

more info here-
http://puppylinux.org/wikka/SoftwareMultimedia :arrow:

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Flash »

mhWaveEdit has VU meters in the Record window that opens when you click the red Record button in the main window. Also at the bottom of the Record window (the one with the VU meters) is a button to Lauch the mixer.

What I do is fiddle with the settings in the mixer until the VU meters show that something is happening. (Something does have to be happening at the mic or line input!) Then I adjust the settings until the Max peak comes as close to 1 as possible without hitting it during the whole session (though I've found that an occasional clip is not noticeable.) After the tape I'm recording is finished, I click Finish and then Normalize (in mhWaveEdit's drop-down Effects menu.)

killer290847985

#4 Post by killer290847985 »

thanks all of y'all, it's fixed, I was just confused as I had many different options: Mic, Internal Mic, Capture, Capture1, and then some for Mic Boost levels.. turns out I only tried the 'Mic' inputs and I had to use the 'Capture' line. So now my only disappointments are that I cannot hear (monitor) the sound I'm recording while recording it, and that I don't have real turntable to do scratches on but all of that doesn't have much to do with this app anymore. so. For everyone trying this: use the capture port. kthxbye!!