Trust Flex graphics tablet - Puppy Precise 6.1

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
David Andrew

Trust Flex graphics tablet - Puppy Precise 6.1

#1 Post by David Andrew »

Hello,

I’m desperately trying to get my Trust Flex graphics tablet working with Puppy Precise 6.1, but it’s been a long battle over the course of several months now, and one I’m really losing.

The tablet in question seems to be re-branded and recognized as a Waltop tablet by the likes of lsusb and Hard info. Under Puppy Precise (and all other 32-bit puppy variants) it’s only recognized and functional as a mouse with GIMP and MTPaint. There is no pressure sensitivity.

Another important thing to note, is that it has worked with every Linux distro I’ve tried out of the box. It also seems to work out of the box just fine with the 64-bit puppy variants. But no such luck with any of the 32-bit puppies. The fact that it worked with the 64-bit puppy variants is the reason I’m not giving up hope. I’ll list the things that have been tried:

Aiptek driver: A google search lead me to try this one first. I don’t remember the xorg configurations I tried at the time, but the results have ranged from a dead xorgserver to a dead mouse. It may be noteworthy to mention that when I installed the driver on Windows, I noticed the name Aiptek during the installation process.

xf86-input_k.3.2.44-precise-wacom-mod-0.21.0.pet: This is one I had high hopes for, because it matches my Puppys kernel, and the script automatically configures xorg.conf. The only result was a change of behaviour with my touchpad. The tablet continued to function as a mouse.

wizardpen: This one lists various Trust tablet as supported, as well as Waltop. I’ve tooth-combed the SourceForge.net Wizardpen website on how to configure the 70-wizardpen file, but without success.

Here is the readout of my “/proc/bus/input/devices