Pikona - Puppy Icon Assembler NEW and TINY! - v.0.4e

Paint programs, vector editors, 3d modelers, animation editors, etc.
vovchik

Pikona - Puppy Icon Assembler NEW and TINY! - v.0.4e

#1 Post by vovchik »

Dear puppians,

I have rewritten Pikona, eliminated all IM dependencies and the binary is now about 29k. It should run fine on most recent puppies. Please see first Pikona post for details. More info is contained in the Pikona readme, which is accessible from the Pikona4 menu. The link is here: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 580#363580.

With kind regards,
vovchik

PS. The source is also in the pikona4-base.pet

davids45

#2 Post by davids45 »

G'day vovchik,

Many thanks for creating this excellent new version of pikona.
Works for me very nicely with squares and circles in slacko and Exprimo. (But just got a Segmentation Fault in 3-headed Dog.)

Is it possible to create rectangular buttons? I have some images I'd like to buttonise but these are rectangular not square.

I stretched a square background image from your pet using gimp - to 2:1 and 3:1 (length:height ratio) - which seemed to work in pikona. But adding an obj graphic of mine saw it distorted (squashed to one side) in the new 'Executed' icon. Example rectangular button attached.

Is there a work-around - perhaps I could also stretch my original?

David S.
Attachments
obl21_glass_gr_Gofamily2_blank_96.png
(28.77 KiB) Downloaded 441 times

vovchik

#3 Post by vovchik »

Dear David,

Thanks. I pretty much hardcoded 128x128 for now (stretching both x and y to fill that space), but my routine that does the rescaling allows for stretching on either axis - or both - depending on what you feed it. I will look into feeding different x and y for the next iteration of Pikona. The easiest solution might be a checkbox with the word "Aspect" and a tooltip that says "Preserve aspect ratio of original". When checked, I would determine the largest of the two dimensions of the image, determine the ratio of x:y, scale the largest side to 128, calculate the size of the smaller side accordingly, and centre the new image on a blank 128x128 canvas. Your workaround with one dimension being 128 will do the trick. Just fill the blank space of the smaller side with alpha transparency and it should centre properly and look OK.

With kind regards,
vovchik

PS. Why is it segfaulting in 3-headed dog? You could try compiling it from scratch in that puppy. The source is in /usr/local/pikona4/data/src.

pemasu

#4 Post by pemasu »

Works in Dpup Exprimo. Thank of this wonderful gem.
Attachments
pemasu-icon.png
(16.23 KiB) Downloaded 419 times