Request: The Levelator

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
theinfamousj

Request: The Levelator

#1 Post by theinfamousj »

While I know that there are powerful tools in Audacity, I'd love to have The Levelator compiled for use on Puppy Lupu 5.2.5.

kooliepup

#2 Post by kooliepup »

Can't be done.
It's not re-distributable.

chromoite

#3 Post by chromoite »

There's a version for Ubuntu so I don't see why there can't be one for puppy.
Outer Limits Fan :) [url=http://www.puppylinuxforum,org]Puppy Linux Forum[/url]

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#4 Post by Flash »

Here's what the website says:
Built and tested on Ubuntu (Feisty Faun)
Requires Python 2.5 and wxPython
Download The Levelator® for Ubuntu Feisty Faun (Python 2.5)
Will NOT work with Ubuntu Edgy Eft or Python 2.4
Help/support for Linux users
Latest build: 1893 (relelase 1.3.0)
The Levelator® License

Copyright ©2007-2009 The Conversations Network, and Singular Software, Inc. All rights reserved.

You may install The Levelator® on a single computer system and use it as-is, in whole and without modification for commercial or non-commercial purposes. Any other use requires express written permission from the copyright holders. You may not copy (other than for backup purposes), share, distribute, sell, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, use standalone components of or create a derivative work of The Levelator®.

To request permission for additional uses or to inquire if such permission is needed, send email to sales@conversationsnetwork.org.

There are no restrictions on audio created with The Levelator®

When started, The Levelator® will attempt to connect to The Conversations Network via the Internet to check for (a) a more-recent version of the software, and (b) promotional messages from The Conversations Network, which will then be displayed to you. By installing and using The Levelator® you acknowledge and accept this behavior.

The Levelator® uses the libsndfile library, which is released under the terms of the GNU Lesser Public License, a copy of which is available at www.gnu.org/copyleft/lesser.html. The source code for libsndfile is available from www.mega-nerd.com/libsndfile/).
You could ask them for permission to make a .pet of it, or maybe they would make a static binary which includes Python and would run In Puppy.

mimeini

just a thought

#5 Post by mimeini »

You could maybe run the window version in wine

Barkin

Re: Request: The Levelator

#6 Post by Barkin »

theinfamousj wrote:While I know that there are powerful tools in Audacity, I'd love to have The Levelator compiled for use on Puppy Lupu 5.2.5.
"Chris's dynamic compressor" (by Chris Capel) is similar to The Levelator (dynamic range compression) and works in Audacity in Puppy ... http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Compressor