torm wrote:Just for fun..

Try to change a wallpaper,
if not using JWM
under tahr605(32b)..

or, maybe, type "wallpaper" in searchbox and hit "enter".. :D

Looks good with metacity.
Hi torm,

I'm currently in tahpup606-32bit.

Entering "wallpaper" in the searchbox returns two matches in the attached image below, and this looks correct to me.

BTW, the default behavior of PupMenu is to follow freedesktop.org criteria and exclude hidden menu items (i.e., NoDisplay=true) from the applications window, which is the same behavior as the standard Puppy menu.

However, if you want to include hidden menu items in the PupMenu applications window, go to Preferences -> Behavior tab -> select the option to 'Include hidden apps', and PupMenu will parse all menu items (including hidden items) when you use the searchbox.

Thanks for your comments. :)
Attachments
wallpaper.png
(27.94 KiB) Downloaded 498 times
[color=blue][b][url=http://www.smokey01.com/radky/PupMates.html]PupMates[/url][/b][/color]

radky

#93 Post by radky »

PupMenu-6.1
- Improve speed (2X) of PupMenu background processes, particularly while updating the applications cache
- Add lock-screen button to main GUI (Xlock)
- Update Recent Files module and improve integration with perl as implemented in Puppy. Effective 3-Sep-2017, Woof-CE supports the Escape.pm perl module (thanks peebee)
- Remove code which automatically adds icon folders to GTK bookmarks
- Bugfix: incomplete auto-updating of PME cache files
[color=blue][b][url=http://www.smokey01.com/radky/PupMates.html]PupMates[/url][/b][/color]

radky

#94 Post by radky »

PupMenu-6.2
- Adjust compatibility with recent Woof-CE modifications of Puppy directory structure (/root/Choices/MIME-types -> /etc/xdg/rox.sourceforge.net/MIME-types)

bigpup

#95 Post by bigpup »

Thanks for the update!
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

s243a

Re: PupMenu-6.2

#96 Post by s243a »

radky wrote:Recommended OS
Puppy Linux with gtkdialog4 (0.7.21 or greater)

Purpose
PupMenu is a comprehensive application launcher and menu-item editor.

Download
http://www.smokey01.com/radky/PupMenu-6.2.pet
I tried this out on the TazPup64 that I'm trying to build (non-released version), and I got the following errors on installation:

Code: Select all

/share/applications/defaultaudioplayer.desktop: No such file or directory
grep: /usr/share/applications/defaultbrowser.desktop: No such file or directory
grep: /usr/share/applications/defaultchmviewer.desktop: No such file or directory
grep: /usr/share/applications/defaultimageviewer.desktop: No such file or directory
grep: /usr/share/applications/defaultmediaplayer.desktop: No such file or directory
grep: /usr/share/applications/defaultpdfviewer.desktop: No such file or directory
grep: /usr/share/applications/defaultspreadsheet.desktop: No such file or directory
grep: /usr/share/applications/defaulttexteditor.desktop: No such file or directory
grep: /usr/share/applications/defaultwordprocessor.desktop: No such file or directory
grep: /usr/share/applications/defaultaudioplayer.desktop: No such file or directory
grep: /usr/share/applications/defaultbrowser.desktop: No such file or directory
grep: /usr/share/applications/defaultimageviewer.desktop: No such file or directory
grep: /usr/share/applications/defaultmediaplayer.desktop: No such file or directory
grep: /usr/share/applications/defaultpdfviewer.desktop: No such file or directory
grep: /usr/share/applications/defaultspreadsheet.desktop: No such file or directory
grep: /usr/share/applications/defaulttexteditor.desktop: No such file or directory
grep: /usr/share/applications/defaultwordprocessor.desktop: No such file or directory
The default puppy apps seem to be under:

/usr/local/bin
rather than

/usr/share/applications/defaultbrowser.desktop
but maybe lots of tools look in "/usr/share/applications" for default programs.

Anyway, I don't know if these errors are due to the pet, my system or if they are warnings that just don't matter.

radky

#97 Post by radky »

Hi s243a,

After installation, the pinstall script of PupMenu checks the Category and Icon entries of the desktop files listed in your report. If those directories, files (or entries) do not exist, you will see the messages indicating No such file or directory.

Keep in mind, similar to launching applications in the standard XDG menu of Puppy Linux, the PupMenu program launches applications by parsing the executables found in desktop files (if they exist) located in /usr/share/applications and /usr/local/share/applications. The PupMenu Editor (PupMenuEdit) also functions by modifying the desktop files.

On the other hand, run-dialog utilities such as pRun, gExec, gRun and gmRun will find and launch applications that reside in the standard executable PATH (for example, /usr/bin and /usr/local/bin.

I hope all goes well with TazPup64!

radky

#98 Post by radky »

PupMenu-6.2.1
- Critical Update: Adjust compatibility with recent changes in Woof-CE -- do not use symlinked /tmp directory during pet installation (thanks gyrog and wdlkmpx)