Suspend to RAM doesn't always turn the display back on

Please post any bugs you have found
d(O o O)b

#16 Post by d(O o O)b »

:oops: Ooops!

Just noticed I missed an update in the pwrman script
At present, the 'shutdown' variable does not have any effect.
It is necessary to modify line 45 :-

if (($batteryLife < 3))

change to:-

if (($batteryLife < $shutdown))

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the dalek said to the dustbin - anyone can make a mistake
Ran away from Redmond 2012 ----- Never going back :wink:
Acer 5332 -- Lucid 528.004 frugal -- usb bluetooth audio

vtpup

#17 Post by vtpup »

Nice script!

(But wouldn't it be better if you went back and edited your correction into your earlier post and the downloadable script?)

ps. I had to edit BAT0 to BAT1 and LID1 to LID for my laptop using Racy 53.

Other users should check their /proc/acpi/....... directory names to likewise adjust the script if needed.

I put the script in /root/my-applications folder and made a link to it in the /root/Startup folder. Be sure to test the script before doing this, or you may find as I did, that you get unexpected suspends or even shutdowns as soon as Puppy starts. If so, simply boot into puppy with the pfix=ram parameter, and mount your savefile. Then delete the link in /root/Startup.

The script works great for me now -- just what I was looking for!

Now to get a suspend after a period of inactivity -- with video player exception -- saw a script around here for that, too.

edit:
here it is (mousuo.sh):

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=36109

For that one I commented out the wmpoweroff command line and substituted the suspend command from the pwrman script. Also removed the "Exit" line so that it would continue to loop.

Works well. The only drawback is that if it goes into suspend, I assume the pwrman script will not shut down the computer for a low battery while in suspend.

However I get the benefit that there will be longer period of inactivity until a loss of battery power, and it is likely I will see the blinking suspend LED at some point before the battery runs out. I can then resume and shut down programs, save data, or plug in.
[color=darkblue]Acer Aspire 5349-2635 laptop Tahrpup.[/color]
[color=blue]Acer R11 and C720 Chromebks Bionicpup64[/color]
[color=olive]Acer Iconia A1-830 tablet no pup[/color]
[color=orange]www.sredmond.com[/color]