open file manager from linNeighbourhood not working

Please post any bugs you have found
papaschtroumpf

open file manager from linNeighbourhood not working

#1 Post by papaschtroumpf »

In LinNeighbourhood you can brose to a share then mount it, you can then right click on the mounted share in the linNeighbourhood window and choose "file manager".
this is supposed to open the share in a file manager window (rox-filer) but I just see a window quicly flash and nothing else happens.

Not a big deal obviously but I figured I'd mention it
Mandriva LE 2005 user and puppy newbie

papaschtroumpf

#2 Post by papaschtroumpf »

under the "postmount" tab in the preferences you can choose which file manager to use (even you you then uncheck "use file manager" the choice will be remebered for the right click menu in the main window).

It was not intuitive to me but you have to click the radio button to enbale the file manager, select rox in the drop down list then click on the triangle to "move it" to the line below, then click save.

I think the package should come already enabled for rox (unless we want to make the post-install script somehow choose a file manager).

To make the package use rox by default, you need a file ~/.LinNeighborhood/preferences that containst the line:

file_manager = rox -d $MOUNTPOINT

This way the default preferences work "out of the box"

papaschtroumpf

#3 Post by papaschtroumpf »

while rooting around the docs, I saw that the help file for networking points to an offsite webpage which also shows how to set up rox-filer as the default file manager for linneighborhood.

I still think it would be nicer to have the unleashed/pupget be configured properly out of the box since it's so easy to fix.

BarryK
Puppy Master

#4 Post by BarryK »

Okay, it's done!

I have put these two lines in "preferences" file:

run_file_manager = yes
file_manager = rox -d $MOUNTPOINT