Hey great job on Puppy 5!

Promote Puppy !
Anniekin

Hey great job on Puppy 5!

#1 Post by Anniekin »

amazing job on the new version 5 series

using lupu, lighthouse64, and macpup now

honestly puppy 4 was unstable and could have been considered 'Beta' as an operating system

5 is a giant step forward in terms of usability

love everything from the systray items to being able to update the repo list in petget

attached is the original gtk theme from pup4pentiums

put in /usr/share/themes if u want to use
Attachments
emeraldAlien.tar.gz
(158.67 KiB) Downloaded 410 times

recobayu

#2 Post by recobayu »

it's like BlueHeart. after i unpack that, i found folder xfwm4. anniekin, what that's for?
myblog: [url]http://muktyas.blogspot.com[/url]

disciple

#3 Post by disciple »

honestly puppy 4 was unstable and could have been considered 'Beta' as an operating system
Really? I used 4.1.1 for years and found it stable as a rock, apart from the "INSERT kills Seamonkey" bug...
Last edited by disciple on Sat 24 Mar 2012, 22:26, edited 1 time in total.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

`f00

#4 Post by `f00 »

@recobayu
The xfwm4 subdir identifies the content as specific for xfce4 wm decor (not a 'generic' gtk theme that simply works on the interior of gtk-drawn windows in most wms, generic gtk themes are identified by a gtk-2.0 or similar subdir). Openbox uses similar subdirs for its themes (openbox3 if I recall correctly).

All pups have their niches :)

Anniekin

#5 Post by Anniekin »

puppy 4 didn't have a control panel, contemporary systray functions, things that new users might need

prone to major system errors, including one time when a frugal save file 'spilled over' and merged with hard drive contents

yesterday i gave up on lupu because of an issue where after the first boot and frugal install my PS/2 keyboard stops working

while i am not surprised, i see that lots of basic but useful utilities have been added or upgraded, looking forward to a complete i686 puppy version