Can't find topic after its been moved - add moved links

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
darkcity

Can't find topic after its been moved - add moved links

#1 Post by darkcity »

Hi,

Occasionally I've found it hard to find topic that has been moved,

Yesterday I was discussing compiling ardour and jack in the beginners forum.

it got shifted into Misc I eventually found, after look in Additional Software -> Multimedia and Additional Software -> Requests

On other forums I notice they always put a link thread when they move something. This is a simple solution if its possible with phpBB?

It must be especially confusing for users not used to forum.

:twisted:

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

The forum offers me an option to "Leave a shadow topic" when I'm moving a topic to another section. The shadow topic links to the real topic, wherever it may have been moved. I probably should have done that in your case. I apologize. I've grown used to unchecking the shadow topic option when I move topics because the vast majority of topics I move are spam, and most of the rest are questions posted in the HowTo section by beginners to the forum, who I assume have no idea where they posted.

If you click on "Watch this topic for replies" at the bottom right of a topic page, the forum is supposed to send a notification to your email when a new post is added to the topic. That notification links directly to the new post, wherever the topic might be in the forum.

If you're looking for a topic that you recently posted to, you can click on View your posts at the top right of any forum page to see a list of all your posts, most recent first.

darkcity

#3 Post by darkcity »

cool, I see the problem is that spam requires move without shadow. thanks for the tips on keeping track 8)