how to combine and re-split mp3s?

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
Saladin

how to combine and re-split mp3s?

#1 Post by Saladin »

I'm looking for a way to combine around 200 small MP3s into one file (should be less than three minutes in length), and then split them back into MP3s with same lengths and names as before. What would be the best way to do that?

Edit: I wasn't clear when I posted this. I want to get one long MP3 file out of two hundred short ones, and then split them back into the short ones again.
Last edited by Saladin on Sat 06 Sep 2014, 14:50, edited 1 time in total.

jrb

Re: how to combine and re-split mp3s?

#2 Post by jrb »

Saladin wrote:Not sure this is the best place to ask, but I'm looking for a way to combine around 200 small MP3s into one file (should be less than three minutes in length), and then split them back into MP3s with same lengths and names as before. What would be the best way to do that?
I use mp3wrap and mp3splt which are still available in file2aud-0.03.pet, although I have recompiled them for use in newer Slacko's. Try the pet first and if it doesn't work for you I'll upload the newer version.

Mp3wrap says it will do exactly what you are asking for but, why would you want to? :?

nic007

#3 Post by nic007 »

Easiest would be to "compress" all the files into one zip file and get a music player which can load a zip file directly to play the contents. I use XMPlay which is Windows based but you can run it in WINE on Puppy. XMPlayer and the archive utility can be downloaded from the XMPlay site. Actually you don't need an archive utility for the player, just extract the contents whenever you want to play it in any player

Saladin

Re: how to combine and re-split mp3s?

#4 Post by Saladin »

jrb wrote:Mp3wrap says it will do exactly what you are asking for but, why would you want to? :?
I'm using a Windows program to edit the files. Since I'm performing the same operation on all of them and there's no command line batch editing it would be easier to edit one file rather than two hundred.

I'll try MP3wrap, thanks.

Edit: How do I start it? I'm not seeing it in the menu, and I can't seem to find a command for it.

Also, I realize I wasn't clear in my original post. I'm looking to combine 200 MP3s into a single MP3, and then split it up again into little MP3s of the original names and lengths. Is that what this does?