Firefox freezes

Using applications, configuring, problems
n0ukf

#16 Post by n0ukf »

Semme wrote:You might not like my response, but if you're gonna rectify the problem, do it right. Make a backup of your current /root/.mozilla/firefox/*.default profile then go into PPM'n uninstall. Remove all FF directories in /root, /usr/lib and, if remaining, the executable in /usr/bin. Then grab this copy'n clean install. I doubt IPv6's the problem and something that's detailed in the link I left. Ta'boot- I'd advise disabling auto-update..
Thanks, that appears to have helped the freeze problem.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." [i]Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen[/i]

Semme

#17 Post by Semme »

Good. From eleven you should be able to go into FF help and update to 16.0.1.

n0ukf

#18 Post by n0ukf »

I said that "appears to have helped" (not solved). As the versions continued up to my current v26, I've notice that FF slowness or freezing has gradually gotten worse again. A few weeks ago I increased my RAM from 512MB to 2GB and that has helped again but by no means has it cured the occasional freezes when loading pages.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." [i]Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen[/i]

watchdog

#19 Post by watchdog »

What puppy are you using? I remember that with old versions of firefox and old puppies the freeezes problem could be solved changing the libraries' path to include the firefox' s dir. Assuming your firefox's dir is /usr/lib/firefox you might change your /usr/local/bin/defaultbrowser to match the following example:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/firefox:/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/X11R7/lib
exec firefox "$@"
Give it a try.

n0ukf

#20 Post by n0ukf »

Lucid 5.2.8. I'll give this a try a couple days to see.