Supporting/Sponsoring Puppy

Promote Puppy !
kartenzia

Supporting/Sponsoring Puppy

#1 Post by kartenzia »

Hi everybody!

I have allready talked to Raffy and he suggested that I post the issue here in the forum.

Basically we are a star-up (from germany) and would like to support various OpenSource Projects (such as Puppy Linux).

As Raffy told me you might be needing a Host for Packages and Puplets - we could offer 300 GB HDD; 16 GB Ram, Traffic-Flat and a 100Mbit's connection on our dedicated sever.

So it would be great if someone could let me know what exactly it is you guys would need and how to proceed.

Furthemore: If there is a genral interest for more Hardware Support we have quite a few Partner-Companies that could also provide some sponsoring.

Our question would be if there is some acknowledgement sction on puppylinux.org for sponsors - nothing fancy or anything, just a textlink or something to the sponsors website?

Looking forward to your feedback! :)

jemimah

#2 Post by jemimah »

It would be quite helpful to mirror some of the existing sites, like smokey01.com and meownplanet.net.

There is also always need for an easy way for new developers to find places to upload their packages and isos.

Barry doesn't really organize a coherent effort so it may be best to track down individual developers and see what they need.

This is a list of some of the most popular puplets under active development and the devs who work on them.

Slacko:01micko
Lupu:Playdayz
dpup:Pemasu
ClassicPup:ttuuxxx
Saluki:Jemimah
Akita:sc0ttman
MacPup:runtt21

I'm sure there's some that I've forgotten.

I'd be interested in more information about hardware support. From time to time, people develop customized puplets for particular hardware. This is, of course, a lot easier if one doesn't have to buy the hardware out of pocket.

kartenzia

#3 Post by kartenzia »

Hi jemimah,

thank's for you response!

There is no problem mirroring existing sites - how exactly would that work? Do we contact the site owners, does the distribution site/webmaster give us informations, what would have to be the next steps to set it up?

darkcity

#4 Post by darkcity »

there's a list of puppy repositories which might be useful to back up
http://puppylinux.org/wikka/PuppySites

:twisted:

Bligh

#5 Post by Bligh »

Thank you for your desire to support Puppy. That is in the spirit of Puppy and Linux. Hope you are successful.
Cheers