How to update Chromium for Lucid 5286?

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
I-Dont-Know

How to update Chromium for Lucid 5286?

#1 Post by I-Dont-Know »

I am using Lucid Puppy ver 5286 with a dated version of Chromium,
Version 27.0.1421.0 custom (184274)

And it doesn't "auto update" either so my only alternative to seek out a .PET on this forum.

I get a nag alert each time I use it that this version is not supported anymore.
Been ignoring this alert for about a year.

Also been searching this site for any mention of an updated .PET for an updated version but have not been able to find one; maybe there isn't one.

I don't know how to write .PETs so I will ask, does anyone know of a .PET for Lucid 5286 ?

I did find a Chrome PET version 39 for Slacko, installed it onto my Lucid 5286 but it did not work; uninstalled it.

Many Thanks,
I-Dont-Know

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

Here are two .pets of Chromium versions newer than yours:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=86501
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=90983
It would be a good idea to read the whole thread to see if anyone else has managed to get them to work in Lucid.

They may or may not work in Lucid. If you still have a live Lucid Puppy CD, you can boot it with the puppy pfix=ram option and try out the .pets to see if they work for you before you install them in your computer.

I-Dont-Know

Chromium Update for Lucid 5286

#3 Post by I-Dont-Know »

I will try out your suggestion and use the Live CD.

Those .PETs were the one I did find, but they did not work on my Lucid5286.
Maybe I'm wrong, but It seems to me Chromium support is going away and focusing solely upon the Google Chrome browser.

I also have a Slacko boot stick and will also try out those updated .PETs

To have an updated browser on my everyday Lucid 5286 install, I decided to try out Palemoon. It has an updater app with it. Real slick.

Many thanks for replying,