Woof2 Expansions wish list?

Under development: PCMCIA, wireless, etc.
scsijon

Woof2 Expansions wish list?

#1 Post by scsijon »

Anyone want to add to this wish list of expansions for woof2 to survive as puppy expands?

1- Multi-platform (Intel, arch, arm, mac, ?)
2- Multi-versions by pickbox (ie for intel i386, i486, i586, i686, X86_64) to select the packages that are compatable
3- Autobuild the xxx2ppm (well a good base file at least, working on the selected mediafile's extension) allowing for further release revisions.
4- Autoextend Woof2 as a new repositry becomes known/added.

I won't say that even 1% will gain addition to woof2, but thoughts must start somewhere....

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#2 Post by Lobster »

Easier to use would be my wish :)
As far as I am aware only Barry and 01micko have used woof2 successfully?
http://puppylinux.info/topic/getting-started#post-604
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

pemasu

#3 Post by pemasu »

As far as I am aware only Barry and 01micko have used woof2 successfully?
These are woof2 commits. It seems I havent just used it...looks like I have found also bugs....or improvements for it....
[b5721241f3] added a bit more code to pemasu's /dev/mouse fix (user: BarryK, tags: trunk)
23:00
[d90d6bd62b] pemasu: /dev/mouse missing when 1st boot full hd installation (user: BarryK, tags: trunk)

[353d46505f] pemasu: new firmwares for 3.x kernel (user: BarryK, tags: trunk)

22:33
[3188b9971e] pemasu: fix kernel-skeleton/pinstall.sh: removing unneeded firmware no longer tarballs (user: BarryK, tags: trunk)

jemimah

#4 Post by jemimah »

I think a fair number of people have used woof successfully.

My abbreviated wish list:

There's a lot of stuff in rootfs-skeleton that should be installed as pets - making various packages impossible to remove without hacking.

ROX and jwm should not be hardcoded everywhere

oui

#5 Post by oui »

a good thing would be if it would be possible to pre install all needed stuff in the devx_file.sfs including HOWTO, MANPAGES and EXAMPLES or SNAPSHOTS to make the devx_file.sfs the complete central point where all the matter needed to develop for Puppy is to find in!

scsijon

#6 Post by scsijon »

And a thought I had overnight was to moving all the doc 'stuff' into it's own sfs that could be auto-loaded/unloaded or used individually (away from the relevant distribution).

Another is to have nothing but ABSOLUTE CORE in the woof tree by default and a pick list of Function Groups to add to it.