Removing softwares not listed in FatSlacko package manager

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Konstellation

Removing softwares not listed in FatSlacko package manager

#1 Post by Konstellation »

Some installed softwares just refused to show up in the package manager. Is there a way to get rid of them from the system & also from the menu itself? I installed a few softwares and they just wouldn't run, probably due to incompatibility.

For your info, I run the OS from my usb pendrive, if that makes the procedure any different.

01micko

Re: Removing softwares not listed in FatSlacko package manager

#2 Post by 01micko »

Konstellation wrote:Some installed softwares just refused to show up in the package manager. Is there a way to get rid of them from the system & also from the menu itself? I installed a few softwares and they just wouldn't run, probably due to incompatibility.

For your info, I run the OS from my usb pendrive, if that makes the procedure any different.
What softwares? Were they installed through package manager? Do you mean built in programs?

Could you please ask your questions in the FATSlacko thread instead of starting a new thread for each of your issues. More people will take notice this way. :)
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

Konstellation

#3 Post by Konstellation »

They were all manually installed PET packages from other sources, compiled by users themselves.

You mean post it here?
Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives, then click on FatSlacko, then post new thread?