Printing to Neworked Windows PC

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
Marcel

Printing to Neworked Windows PC

#1 Post by Marcel »

I have tried CUPS wizard (in frugal LUPU 528). My HP Deskjet is connected by cable to a Windows PC (call it PC1).
Puppy is on a second PC (call it PC2). PC2 is networked to PC1.
When I print from PC2 in Windows mode (i.e not in frugal Puppy), it accesses PC1 and prints. However, when I am using Puppy on PC2, and CUPS, I can't access the printer.
I can't figure out how to connect to PC1, which runs Vista, so that it will pass my file on to its printer. I have the IP address of PC2, its full name, and the make of the printer.
Any help would be appreciated.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." - Voltaire

rcrsn51

#2 Post by rcrsn51 »

Have you read the post directly above this one titled How to Install Your Printer/Scanner in Puppy? It contains the section titled Connecting to a Windows Shared Printer.

You will install the printer in PC2 using the smb: protocol. If you can't get it working, please report back.

Marcel

Printing to Networked Windows PC

#3 Post by Marcel »

Thanks for your reply, but I didn't understand what you meant by the post"above this one".
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." - Voltaire

rcrsn51

#4 Post by rcrsn51 »

The first post in the Printers section, here.