Remastered FatSlacko not saving to Save file

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
stevegrass777

Remastered FatSlacko not saving to Save file

#1 Post by stevegrass777 »

I have frugal install with Fatslacko, installed firefox and thunderbird, tranfered all my files from hard drive (lucid puppy) into thunderbird to set email account and saved messages all ok all emails there accounts work fine.
Remastered CD to include FF and Thunderbird all when't ok.
First shutdown saved pupsave to hard drive ok.
First start with remastered CD loaded savefile when running thunderbird lost all mail and account settings and so did FF.
Luckily I had linked my Thunderbird file to copy on hard drive so a little shifting of files sorted that.
Clicked on setup (on desktop) Utility/run program then typed shutdown or firstshutdown I think I did anyway.
Created new savefile on hard drive thinking the first was corrupt.
On reboot new savefile loaded and exactly same thing happened. No mail no saved ff bookmarks no flashplayer nothing.
Thanks for any help.

stevegrass777

#2 Post by stevegrass777 »

It was shutdownconfig I typed in the run utility to create another pupsave file.

Karl Godt

#3 Post by Karl Godt »

The remaster script is a simple tool mainly to make a new compatible iso .

Compatible with no new root or etc contents .

When asked to edit /tmp/root and /tmp/etc just do so : replace the default contents with the ones you want to have .

Configuration files in /etc and /root can be tricky : especially sound, xorg and flsynclient related ones .

stevegrass777

#4 Post by stevegrass777 »

It's not a problem with the remastered CD it just doesn't seem to save anything on shutdown,the pupsave file is there but when loaded nothing is saved.
Also on Lucid there is a save icon on the desktop that isn't on Fatslacko and on Lucid every now and then the save script runs and saves everything to the pupsave file and that doesn't happen either.

stevegrass777

#5 Post by stevegrass777 »

It's a live CD with pupsave file on hard drive not frugle instal.