Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 26 Nov 2014, 14:53
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Multimedia
Mpdpup won't play music from USB hard drive
Post_new_topic   Topic_locked View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
audiosm

PostPosted: Tue 05 Jun 2012, 08:16    Post_subject:  Mpdpup won't play music from USB hard drive  

Hello - I need some help with the mpdpup , I have an external USB drive with my music on it , but cannot seem to get mpdpup to play from it .
My system is an old DEL laptop - USB stick for mpdpup as per the instructions - USB DAC - USB external hard drive

I am a very much a beginner with linux , but did manage to get mpdpup to play from the PC local hard drive and was very happy with the sound quality , but 99% of my music is on the external USB hard drive using ntfs

The external hard drive can be mounted using xwin and mount - then the mpdpup setup sees the folders in the external drive and they can be set as the as the root for music . However after a save and restart the music directory is found not to be mounted , and mpd does not work .

what should I do next ? , I read from a previous post that a file called fstab may need to be edited , I found the file and tried to add the external hard drive (sdc1) but no luck adding the line below - probably wrong
/dev/sdc1 /music auto defaults 0 0

I am much more an audio dabbler than PC and do not understand much of linux , just learning what mount is etc

Any assistance , or direction to help , would be appreciated
Flash
Official Dog Handler

PostPosted: Tue 05 Jun 2012, 08:26    Post_subject:  

Do I understand correctly that if you manually mount the USB drive Mpdpup will play the music from it, but after a reboot the hard drive is no longer mounted and so the music will not play unless you once again manually mount the USB drive?

In other words, your question is how to have Mpdpup automatically mount the USB drive when it boots?
audiosm

PostPosted: Tue 05 Jun 2012, 08:41    Post_subject:  

Thanks - no I have never been able to play any Music from the external hard drive .mpdpup setup wizard sets up the music directory but after the saving the new setup no music will play.
audiosm

PostPosted: Tue 05 Jun 2012, 08:55    Post_subject:  

sorry i should not have created a new subject

I have posted the question on
mpdpup - simplified mpd music server v0.9.2,
where the main information is
the moderator can delete this subject
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
Post_new_topic   Topic_locked View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Multimedia
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum