C++ programming problem

For discussions about programming, programming questions/advice, and projects that don't really have anything to do with Puppy.
erouting

C++ programming problem

#1 Post by erouting »

I am trying to use slacko puppy to compile C++ programs. I have the devx package installed. The test program compiled correctly. Its sole purpose was to add 3 and 4 to get 7. The output was 7. I then attempted to write something using the GNU MP libraries, the output of that was 7. My math is shaky at times but I am reasonably certain that (9*10^200)-5 is not equal to 7. I deleted everything, moved to a different directory and specified a different output file. Still 7. According to my c++ program the following lines all output 7:

cout << "I am not seven." << endl;
cout << "90000000000000000000000000" << endl;
cout << a - b << endl;
(where a =100 and b=50).

Why are g++/c++ working off an old program that no longer exists on my computer? Why do they use this nonexistent program regardless of what input file I point it at? How do I make it stop?

Karl Godt

#2 Post by Karl Godt »

:D :D :D
HURRAY
:D :D :D
:P :P :P
I am pretty sure it's not slacko's fault.
I bet a lot that the ThreadStarter has forgotten to change the current working directory OR did not started clean

Code: Select all

make clean
:P :P :P
Cheers !

erouting

#3 Post by erouting »

Yep, wrong CWD, thanks for the help and sorry for having to ask in the first place.