How to put Icewm taskbar at top of screen in Lucid? [Solved]

Booting, installing, newbie
connorfranciswillcocks

How to put Icewm taskbar at top of screen in Lucid? [Solved]

#1 Post by connorfranciswillcocks »

Hi, im using Lucid Puppy and want the Icewm taskbar at the top of the screen, i have changed settings to;

# Task bar at top of the screen
TaskBarAtTop=1 # 0/1

and restarted icewm through shutdown and terminal, but its still at the bottom, i could do this in slacko all the time. but for some reason lucid is not letting me.

Connor.
Last edited by connorfranciswillcocks on Thu 21 Jun 2012, 19:44, edited 1 time in total.

SFR

#2 Post by SFR »

Hey Connor.

I might be wrong, it's just a guess:
I've noticed that in Lupu in /root/ there's both "icewm" shortcut (leading to /usr/share/icewm/) AND ".icewm" hidden folder.
It seems, that "preferences" file only from the second location is utilized by IceWM.

Besides, there's also menu entry Desktop -> Desktop Settings -> Icewm Configuration...
Through this I was able to change the position of taskbar, too.

PS. I installed IceWM from the repo.

HTH
Greetings!
[color=red][size=75][O]bdurate [R]ules [D]estroy [E]nthusiastic [R]ebels => [C]reative [H]umans [A]lways [O]pen [S]ource[/size][/color]
[b][color=green]Omnia mea mecum porto.[/color][/b]

SFR

#3 Post by SFR »

[double post]
[color=red][size=75][O]bdurate [R]ules [D]estroy [E]nthusiastic [R]ebels => [C]reative [H]umans [A]lways [O]pen [S]ource[/size][/color]
[b][color=green]Omnia mea mecum porto.[/color][/b]

connorfranciswillcocks

#4 Post by connorfranciswillcocks »

SFR wrote:Hey Connor.

I might be wrong, it's just a guess:
I've noticed that in Lupu in /root/ there's both "icewm" shortcut (leading to /usr/share/icewm/) AND ".icewm" hidden folder.
It seems, that "preferences" file only from the second location is utilized by IceWM.

Besides, there's also menu entry Desktop -> Desktop Settings -> Icewm Configuration...
Through this I was able to change the position of taskbar, too.

PS. I installed IceWM from the repo.

HTH
Greetings!
Thanks SFR, fixed it by using the second location with the hidden file :) saved my life there was getting frustrated!, Thanks