Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 19 Sep 2014, 12:15
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Utilities
SFS RunScript Builder
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
RSH

PostPosted: Fri 06 Jul 2012, 17:58    Post subject:  SFS RunScript Builder
Subject description: Simplified Version taken from LazY Puppy SFS P.L.U.S.

Hello,

some of you might have noticed of the LazY Puppy SFS P.L.U.S., which gives comfortable option to run applications from sfs without the need to load the sfs manually first - the sfs is loaded automatically!!!

I do not have the time to make the full LazY Puppy SFS P.L.U.S. available for other puppies - also: i am just to lazy...

Here i have build a simplified version of the RunScript builder used in LazY Puppy. Just install the attached .pet and do a right-click on an sfs file. Then choose SFS-RunScript. In a upcoming gui you can select .desktop files of the sfs to make RunScripts for its programs. You can also enter a dependent sfs file that will be loaded also - for example: entering the devx will load the devx after the main sfs (the one of the RunScript) is loaded.

The RunScript goes to /root/.my-sfs-scripts and there will be also a link /root/SFS-RunScripts.

This application copies the .desktop file into the running system and replaces its "Exec="-Entry with the RunScript - so, you can run the application from the menu and the sfs is loaded automatically.

LazY Puppy SFS P.L.U.S. has much more options like: having a list of dependent sfs files, setting a link for automatically download functions and many more.

But this (simplified) application is the main thing - executing and running applications from sfs, just like as installed - and it should work in every puppy!

I hope this will be useful for any other puppies...

NOTE: SFS_LOAD-1.9.x is needed for this!

RSH

Version 1.1

Line 25: FILEDATE="`date +%F`$FILE" changed to FILEDATE="`date +%F`"

In Version 1.0 if installing a .pet after creating a Run-Script mysterious files arrive in /root. These files are named as the "Exec="-entries of the .desktop file/s (hmm: mysterious mysterious). Removing the $FILE parameter in line 25 "fixes" this. Didn't had any effect on the functionality in general.
SFS-RunScripts-1.1.pet
Description 
pet

Download 
Filename  SFS-RunScripts-1.1.pet 
Filesize  8.73 KB 
Downloaded  239 Time(s) 

RSH

PostPosted: Mon 16 Jul 2012, 00:09    Post subject: SFS RunScript Builder
Subject description: Version 1.1

Version 1.1 at the first post.
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Utilities
Jump to: